Question About Reordering With Credit Cards

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
Does anybody know whether or not I'll lose my place early in the line and just be reorganized with other people? I don't want to pay the fee for an international bank transfer, but I'm not sure whether the credit-card reorder page will have an option to put in my order number or not.

What's the case here? Do I have to do an inter-bank wire transfer to keep my place in line?

Arakasi said:
It has been stated several times that you will not lose your "place in line."

Not even if I need to go toilet? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We hope to have the credit card system set up via Barclays very soon. There will be a credit card fee as a %.

It would have been online this weekend but my dell laptop chose to die.

Powers on for about 1-5mins then turns itself off for about 20mins. Does the same on battery and PSU.

I'm setting up my old laptop now, but the old one has its own series of problems. Gah.

craigix said:
We hope to have the credit card system set up via Barclays very soon. There will be a credit card fee as a %.

Powers on for about 1-5mins then turns itself off for about 20mins. Does the same on battery and PSU.

I'm setting up my old laptop now, but the old one has its own series of problems. Gah.

next year you can use your pandora as a back up laptop.
If every thing goes to plan.

:ph34r:

craigix said:

Such is the world now that this is what international tech entrepreneurs are reduced to.

Thanks for the update.

TaG said:
craigix said:

Such is the world now that this is what international tech entrepreneurs are reduced to.

Thanks for the update.
% of how much determined yet and I assume debit card gets the additional charge too?

craigix said:

Can we have a bit more information on the timeframe for the credit card system to go up? I paid with my credit card, so once the refund goes back on that, I'll need to pay with it again.

Cheers

craigix said:
There will be a credit card fee as a %.

You have got to be fuckin kidding me. How can you suddenly change all the terms of sale whenever you feel like it. This is getting to the end of my patience in a hurry.

Canguy said:
craigix said:

You have got to be fuckin kidding me. How can you suddenly change all the terms of sale whenever you feel like it. This is getting to the end of my patience in a hurry.

I agree, the deal is getting more sour by the day.

jonlad1 said:
Canguy said:
craigix said:

I agree, the deal is getting more sour by the day.

Forget that thread I made about thanks to the dev team and sales. Sure you have good communication, however you guys are as slimy as a car dealer. Needless to say I won't be ordering in the second batch.

Due to having double the RAM, the second batch will be $9 more. Think of any CC fee as being the equivalent of that (though it could be much less), if that helps.

Actually, this reordering malarky is probably a good litmus test for those who have the stomach for preording a community device. At least when the hardware *does* arrive there should be less chance of screwups (like the GP2X's joystick put in the wrong damn way), and that's what's more important.

CandidStan said:
Sure you have good communication, however you guys are as slimy as a car dealer. Needless to say I won't be ordering in the second batch.
Good. We hardly need people like you in the community anyway. Do you just flip a coin to decide your mood or what? There's no need to start insulting the people who are giving their blood, sweat, tears and more to make this project a reality. Do us all a favor and don't order from any subsequent batches in the future either. Mob mentality for the lose.

The team needs our support right now, and this extra % on CC orders is likely a fee imposed by the new bank. I would rather pay a little bit out of my pocket rather than have Craig pay it for EVERYONE'S CC orders.
If Craig had to pay it himself he would be out of pocket a LOT more than we are with paying the extra fee.

Yeah, I'm totally behind Craig/everyone's hard work, but patience is wearing a little. I know the charges aren't from Craig.

Dont mean to vent too bad. It's gonna be totally amazing when it does come through.

I suppose we are all guinea pigs and thats what we signed up for.....

Arakasi said:
CandidStan said:
Sure you have good communication, however you guys are as slimy as a car dealer. Needless to say I won't be ordering in the second batch.
Good. We hardly need people like you in the community anyway. Do you just flip a coin to decide your mood or what? There's no need to start insulting the people who are giving their blood, sweat, tears and more to make this project a reality. Do us all a favor and don't order from any subsequent batches in the future either. Mob mentality for the lose.

The team needs our support right now, and this extra % on CC orders is likely a fee imposed by the new bank. I would rather pay a little bit out of my pocket rather than have Craig pay it for EVERYONE'S CC orders.
If Craig had to pay it himself he would be out of pocket a LOT more than we are with paying the extra fee.

Ah, yes I knew a prick like you would take my words and twist them about. I'm pissed about this ordering crisis when times are trying. The extra fee was not mentioned, therefore who could afford not to be pissed? I understand they are putting a lot into this device, however, at what cost and time should we give up? As a person who was excited about being a first batch pre-order-er; I missed the date, and I'm thinking this is for the better. I just love how someone like you takes the incentive and carries the entire load on his back just to come out and tell me you hope I never order a Pandora of any kind or sort.

I know the device will be absolutely amazing when they arrive, but for the current price I could do a bunch of necessary things with 350+ that some of us really don't have right now to spend in the marketplace.

If you still can't understand why I'm bitching about this, you must be heartless.

Arakasi said:
CandidStan said:

+1

I'm also growing quite sick of people's tactlessness. Craig and the whole team are clearly giving this their all and yet they're still met with such rude unwarranted comments. What's worse is that these issues are hardly the fault of the team but people act like its some sort of personal attack. Also, Is a couple of dollars really that big a deal? Is a few bux in bank fees after double the ram & the nand upgrade really a deal-breaker? Seriously folks, get a grip.

I know this should go without saying, but I'd like to show my support. Craig (& team), the majority of us out here really do appreciate all the effort you guys have put into the project & we really believe in the cause. There are rude, ignorant people in every community & this one is certainly no exception. Just remember that it's their loss, not ours.

I for one have received the re-order email & will be proudly pledging my support a second time, fees or not.

EDIT:
CandidStan said:
Ah, yes I knew a prick like you would take my words and twist them about. I'm pissed about this ordering crisis when times are trying. The extra fee was not mentioned, therefore who could afford not to be pissed? I understand they are putting a lot into this device, however, at what cost and time should we give up? As a person who was excited about being a first batch pre-order-er; I missed the date, and I'm thinking this is for the better. I just love how someone like you takes the incentive and carries the entire load on his back just to come out and tell me you hope I never order a Pandora of any kind or sort.

I know the device will be absolutely amazing when they arrive, but for the current price I could do a bunch of necessary things with 350+ that some of us really don't have right now to spend in the marketplace.

If you still can't understand why I'm bitching about this, you must be heartless.
Sure you have the right to be upset about it, but you do not have the right to be petty about it. Also, as far as i'm concerned you shouldn't be spending money you don't have in the first place.

Yes, that must be the reason, I'm totally heartless.

If you can't afford it, keep your refund and let them know you're not re-ordering.
No need to come on here and whine about it, insulting (or attempting to insult, I don't offend easily) everyone who gets in the path of your emotional storm.

Please, fling some more insults at me, I could care less. Just please don't direct them at people who don't deserve it. All it does is fan flames.

Edit: typo.
Edit2: I hope this thread is closed soon, it's starting to get a bit of of sorts.

CandidStan said:
That's absolutely valid, and you definitely should not spend on luxury items in trying times - when I see folks buying plasma TVs on credit instead of paying their bills on time, I cringe. But a $3-9 (? - I guess it would be 1-3%?) credit card fee is hardly a deal breaker, so blowing up about that is a bit much.

Hopefully if the financial environment is better when the second batch rolls around, you will change your mind :)

GunPei2X said:
CandidStan said:
That's absolutely valid, and you definitely should not spend on luxury items in trying times - when I see folks buying plasma TVs on credit instead of paying their bills on time, I cringe. But a $3-9 (? - I guess it would be 1-3%?) credit card fee is hardly a deal breaker, so blowing up about that is a bit much.

Hopefully if the financial environment is better when the second batch rolls around, you will change your mind :)

My interpretation of the refund/reorder letter is that the team prefers people reorder with a bank transfer, because there is no fee, and they will net a little more money. *All* credit card payments have a % fee that the seller pays - the buyer never sees these. I don't think Craig was saying you'll have to pay extra, but that the team will have to pay a % on credit card orders. From their point of view, if you pay by bank transfer, they view that % savings to them as you pitching in on the extra cost of the extra RAM/Flash. If you pay by credit card, they'll have to pay the % fee to the bank/credit card company, and they'll eat the cost of the extra RAM/Flash.

I'm confident that they won't be charging you extra for a credit card payment. Afterall, that would be a violation of Visa's terms of service, which is one of the reasons why Paypal won't let you charge extra for credit card payments.

Pete

CandidStan said:

I guess I must be heartless. You haven't even pre-ordered and yet you seem very annoyed. I don't understand what you trying to achieve with your posts. I've pre-ordered, will have to re-order (by credit card) and I'm not the least bit annoyed by any of this.

Back