Questions about further Pyra features

tdp

Hi all,

Been following this project for sometime. All looks exciting (love the demo with PSX emulators running). I have a couple of questions:-

1) Is it possible to have an lit logo on the back of the case, like an Apple Mac (extra cost option)?

2) Are there plans for a docking station for the Pyra later on once the unit is in production? And if there are plans, will the dock enhance the performance of the Pyra?

3) What type of coating is going to be used for the Pyra? Will we be able to choose like a rubber feel coating for example for an extra cost?

4) For what I have seen of the Pyra and it's abilities, would it be fair to compare it to a Multi-core netbook (functionality-wise, not performance-wise)

Thanks - Tekkendp

1) RGB LED lit logo is planned standard, no extra cost. There's a thread somewhere around here debating how to use it (for like, power level or wifi or disco ball, etc...). It's probably buried down below, just have a look.

2) Docking station yes, performance increase no, the CPU is the CPU.

3) That's an interesting question, one that probably hasn't been decided yet. The case is still in design phase. Going to have to wait on ED.

4) I've been using my Pandora as a pocketable netbook, the Pyra will have even more features and power, so yes? Even performance-wise it should give netbooks a run.

Hi WizardStan - thanks for the speedy response to my questions.

1) Glad to read that is going to be added

2) Looking forward to the docking station

3) My only issue with the Pandora was the case felt cheap and not like a premuim product.With the features and performance of the Pyra, a really nice case would just set it off right

4) Good to read. I know the battery life is spot on. Plus with the 3G function, this could be all the device you will ever need.

Again thanks for the response. I will look in the forums more regarding question 1.

EvilDragon and Co are working very closely with the manufacturers (I believe every company working on the Pyra is based out of Germany! :D ) to make sure the plastics used in the Pyra surpass the Pandora in every way!

1: It could be possible, it could be scrapped. It is planned.

2: Maybe, but the battery is big enough for performance governor and overclock anyway. It is a handheld primarily, and dockport and other options take away from the best usecase to replace moreso the desktop, so that falls between two chairs. Any usb3 dock should be usable.

3: The case will be much better, and how can it not be, point noted, known and dealt with. You can 3D-print or fabricate it from designfiles if you are still not pleased.

4: Yes, except crucially this has more vertical resolution. 600px is junk and 768 is usable. Performance depends on task.

Last edited by a moderator:
3: The case will be much better, and how can it not be, point noted, known and dealt with. You can 3D-print or fabricate it from designfiles if you are still not pleased.
This is mostly true, thought 3D printing a case will be notably less structurally stable than the stock casing.

Back