Quick Question: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Caveman Ninja
Wow. One person offered credit card payment option and two confirming they've already paid by credit card... I was trying to sum up my feelings about the thread being "made to unhappen" AND the unofficial blog posting being made to "unhappen" AND the apparent underhandedness of OpenPandora vs the need for cash and orders to make this thing actually HAPPEN and WHOOSH - the latest discussion thread is slammed shut by ED.

Evil? that's the first time I've noticed you be heavy-handed, and it's come as a real shock to me. Slap in the face style :( and made me question my previous attitude/conclusions on the topic. After all - you said it was just one guy, but we have two others reporting on the Unofficial Blog that they have already paid this way. Smelly - I really don't know what to think now, except that there should me moderation in all things - ESPECIALLY moderating!

One of the blog commenters who claimed to have paid that way was a little bit shady. He basically posted the same thing twice under one alias, but two different emails/IPs. The second one linked to a moneymaking blog. A lot of blog spammers (bot and human) seem to trawl the Wordpress top 100 for high traffic targets. It's possible he was just one of those.

Shady isn't good, but it's hard to bring such aspects to light when the conversation is so readily either unhappened or locked. IMHO.

Sigh - spammers and their kin should all be fed a diet of spam (only) and allowed to access to toilets until they explode. It's the only way to be sure. My feelings of getting my fingers caught in the thread as ED slammed it shut remain though, which reminds me of nothing more than the overblown "bias - BIAS I SAY!" thread elsewhere.

If you need to pay for your Pandora and have no other option, then get in touch with the shop and state your case. However, we simply can't have too many people all paying via the same method as it would just trigger alarm bells like times before. Therefore the thread was hidden, as Ed has already stated.

There really is no reason to keep that (or this) thread open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back