R.i.p, Dear Left Nub ?

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

I think my left nub is dead :( Problems started to appear months ago, but now it's serious...

If I tap the screen with the stylus, the cursor will "slide" to the lower left corner, or if I push the left nub in one direction, the cursor will keep on moving in this direction, even if I don't touch the nub anymore... I think the nub no longer returns to its central position :(

Obviously, I have tried to reset its configuration.

Should I send my unit back for repair now, or should I wait a little and see if it works again in some days ?

What do you guys advise me to do ? On the one hand I don't want to bother Jacquelyn and OPT for nothing, but on the other hand I don't want to wait for ever and lose the 1 year guarantee...

Bye, and thanks for your help :)

Magic Sam

How old is the Pandora in question, here, please? I ask because that sounds like lethal-nub-death, but if it has newer nubs then as far as I know that shouldn't be happening.

Either way, if it's doing what you describe, I suspect you're going to have to return it, unfortunately.

(Also, I'm moving this to the "I need help" section, as that would be more appropriate for an issue like this - I hope you don't mind that. ;))

Hi Prometheus !
Thanks for your kind reply :)
Prometheus said:
How old is the Pandora in question, here, please? I ask because that sounds like lethal-nub-death, but if it has newer nubs then as far as I know that shouldn't be happening.
I'm a first day pre-orderer, and my unit shipped at the end of august 2010.
Either way, if it's doing what you describe, I suspect you're going to have to return it, unfortunately.
Well, I think I'll have to send it back then. Do you know how long it takes, in average ?
(Also, I'm moving this to the "I need help" section, as that would be more appropriate for an issue like this - I hope you don't mind that. ;) )
I don't mind :p
Bye and thanks again, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic Sam said:
You know, I can't remember at this point when they started using the new nubs... (That's why I asked. :lol: )

Well, I think I'll have to send it back then.
There is one last thing I would guess is worth trying, first: Shut down the Pandora, and remove the battery for ten to twenty minutes. It may or may not help, but it's worth ruling out strange behaviour that this action can put a stop to, so you should probably try that first.

Do you know how long it takes, in average ?
I'm afraid I don't know. That might be a question to ask in the Support section on the official forum, perhaps.

Prometheus said:
Magic Sam said:
You know, I can't remember at this point when they started using the new nubs... (That's why I asked. :lol: )
I'm pretty sure that mine was from the first batch with new nubs, and it shipped in January this year. So Magic Sam definitely has the old nubs.

Back