Rant On Ignorant Comment Posters On The Gp2x Archive

___

Advanced Member
Okay, now this really gets me worked up... it seems that there is a tendency to flame contributors with redundant and insulting comments when they post something that people don't seem to like. For example this kid who did a gp2x fan picture and sent it in. I really hate ignorant and arrogant assholes who have never done anything themselves and then believe that they are entitled to flame the crap out of people who try to contribute some of their work to the scene. I HATE YOU! Why do you think it was allowed to be on the archive? It needs to be accepted by a mod first, you dumbasses! I wish these people would simply leave and never come back. Go to the psp scene or whatever... leave devs and contributors alone. They are doing things not only for themselves but for you, and that's without charging anything. So if you don't like it, shut the F up and keep it for yourselves or at least express your criticism in a constructive way instead of tearing some poor kid apart who found the courage to post something (this relates especially to that dude who drew the picture). It's not that I am not arrogant sometimes, it happens to me, too, but when I realize that I said something that was a little insulting or ignorant I usually correct myself, make thing clearer or apologize...

Curl up and die, ignorant pricks!!!

xnopasaranx posted on Jul 25 2006 at 03:35 PM said:
Why do you think it was allowed to be on the archive? It needs to be accepted by a mod first, you dumbasses!
Actually mods have to check updates, other things just get uploaded. If mods would have to check every upload, there wouldn't be any uploads in the 'home' section.

But I totally agree with the other points in your posts, some comments were just unnecessary, childish and simply dumb.

Edit: Here's the topic he was talking about: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,1675

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

It's rather funny, but I do agree with you. It obviously wasnt created by a photoshop master, so I give the kid that made it props.

As you said, he did comtribute to the scene, and of course he meant well. What exactly to do about this im not sure.....

HAHA, what pricks done comments like that???
advice might help a bit more than complaints. i hope they do curl up and die

Whether something is good or bad, people should have the decency to show respect for the time and effort someone has put into his/her work. The people burdening this community are the ones who only contribute criticism.
^My comment

Wow look how completely stupid this ass spelunker is:
Yes this is a truly shameful example of what happens when some complete amateur plays around in an art program and thinks textured, bevelled text in an arch over a dodgy photo are what the world needs. The world doesn't need this it was doing just fine without. As for exxentrix and his check-me-out-i'm-different stance: save it! People *do* get worked up and rightly so this talentless picture is a blemish in an archive otherwise full of accomplished work. God, my mother could do better in paint on Windows 98 yet you like it? You should come and check out what I produce in the toilet after a Chicken Vindaloo you'd probably like that too.
Nopasaran - have I coded anything or painted anything - yes and they were both vastly superior to this. Also, if you want to come on here mouthing off like a big man I suggest you reserve a lot of time and patience for a big war because I've got infinite energy when it comes to banging pricks like you to rights. Anyway you seem so hurt and upset about a little bit of criticism I think you are the guy who made it under another alias. Your artwork is shit man, give up and leave it to people who know what they are doing like myself.
Nickspoon said try changing the text and picture for this. Yeah I agree, try changing the text to "I can't draw and my artistic endeavours are an abonimation I should be deeply ashamed of" and try changing the picture to one of a guy with a paintbrush stuck up his ass.
I want a TinMan filter so I can filter out any guy who comes along trying to censor the critics. I think it's wrong to silence decent people who care enough and love the community so much that they will protect it's reputation at all cost by expressing disdain for low quality work through sarcasm or otherwise. It's as simple as that. If you don't like my criticisms TinMan don't read them. I don't use the comment box to try and make buddies around here, I use it to make honest, considered criticism. Clearly as the old adage says, the truth hurts. And Julien, please understand, when m1rkd1rk tells you "Well done" he means it in the same way I mean it when my 2 year old draws a big scribble on a sheet of paper then says "That's you Daddy". So yeah, well done Julien clever boy. Are you going to draw another nice picture for Daddy? ;)
What a vapid tool. I really hope he gets hit by a bus while walking on the street, and when the bus driver stops to see what he hit, all the passengers come out and spit on his mangled body. Immature, isn't it? :p

I don't like the picture much either, but jesus fucking christ, you don't have to be a complete tosser about your own worthless opinion.

the way i see it if your gonna be a wanker at least do it on your own not shout it from the rooftop like those guys.

iignotus posted on Aug 2 2006 at 04:41 AM said:
Wow look how completely stupid this ass spelunker is:

<snip> Quotes unworthy of further repetition <snip>

What a vapid tool. I really hope he gets hit by a bus while walking on the street, and when the bus driver stops to see what he hit, all the passengers come out and spit on his mangled body. Immature, isn't it? :p

I don't like the picture much either, but jesus fucking christ, you don't have to be a complete tosser about your own worthless opinion.

I wholeheartedly agree - except the part about the bus. He is not worth delaying public transportation over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that you shouldn't flame kids to hell... but in all honesty... it sucks? I mean - yeah, I hope he gets better in the future... but we're not his mother... He should judge what is, and isn't appropriate to post. That image does more bad than it does good...

"Nickspoon said try changing the text and picture for this. Yeah I agree, try changing the text to "I can't draw and my artistic endeavours are an abonimation I should be deeply ashamed of" and try changing the picture to one of a guy with a paintbrush stuck up his ass."

Personally, I found this to be funny - but it did go over the line. I am sure the kid was already verbally whip-lashed by that point... and this took it to the next level.

I am all for nurturing talent - but that image showed little to no promise in my opinion. I am just wondering why he even posted it to begin with. :ph34r:

[edit] ...and considering the moment when I first saw this, I wanted to kill myself in the most gory fashion possible... I think I typed up my thoughts quite well. This kid should keep doing what he's doing, but know that he should use discretion when posting things of this nature.

I'd rather see comments pointing the original poster to tutorials or information on how to better his art skills, information which would actually be useful to later visitors who glance at the pic and happen to read the comments. Alternativly people posting links to their "better" versions. Afterall if something isn't to your liking, improve it.

There's nothing wrong with telling the original poster that you don't like what his done, or that its low quality so long as its done in an appropriate way.

Comments that are nothing more than insults should really be deleted and if the users persist delete them too ;) as they serve no purpose (the comments and user that is :p )

Well, I was just browsing the archives, and while reading the comments, I noticed A LOT of unnecessary/offending/hurtful sarcastic comments by the user 'spen83'. Some random examples:

Bomberman YESSS!!! oh wait. oh no. oh stop the pain. make it stop. not sure I can take much more of this... "This is my first so go easy on me" If I were to go easy on you then I'm afraid I would not be doing my duty to the community, my country and the King. If this is some first attempt at 2X programming as you imply, then why not do the decent thing and keep it on your HD. I mean cheers, thanks for sharing it, how do you honestly think we feel when we download and play this?
nice game i like much but i hope for that you would do less numbers and perhaps add a tank and rocket launcher. apologize for my english he is the bad guy.
( At a Sudoku game )

wtf? why I would anyone in there right mind want to download th.. oh forget it I can't be bothered even typing any more this has depressed me so much.
Magnulus, still bitter because i didn't like your appaulingly bad GP2X magazine. Grow up kiddy. Quiest, the only reason you haven't seen anything free/good from me is because you are a blind bastard. As usual with your comments you talk like an angry teenager who's just been grounded. You make me laugh every time with your trite comments you silly little boy. Eclipse as always is the voice of reason among a chorus of angry children. Business as usual! Splendid.
If you only download 1 title for your GP2X please make it this. Then watch your PSP owning friend's jaw drop in envy when you fire this baby up.

I've just randomly clicked on files submitted and I haven't read even one usefull post by him. I think ( hope ) there are some, but all in all I don't think this guy is contributing anything to the community. I don't know how this could be handled, but I'm sure a mod would know a solution.

Re negative comments on the boards in general:

I recently received a PM from a member I had never heard of nor communicated with on the boards. He or she was choosing to criticise some of my posts for their content. Whilst I neither agreed with the sentiments of the PM or the rude and derogatory manner of it's tone I felt it was well within the member's rights to make his or her opinions clear to me. In doing it via PM they had got they point across without having to spead negative views publicly on the boards and drew no adverse feeling to his or herself.

Surely a more constructive recourse.

I think the guy is a loser with too much time on his hands, a toilet for a mouth, and not a single nice thing to say about anyone. Clearly his need to lash out at others stems from feelings of deep insecurity and self loathing. His mentioning of his mother in a praising way in one of his posts mentioned is a clear denial of his mother's TRUE activities, which clearly shame him, probably on a daily basis. His constant "duty" he refers to, to the GP2X community expresses a desire to belong, indicating he has almost NO social life apart from the internet. His picture and account on MySpace would indicate he's desperate for "friends", yet like most MySpace users, he's probably just added any at random and since hasn't even spoken to them or looked at their pages, because of the aforementioned bitterness. He said he's contributed something to the GP2X community at large, but has provided no examples. He most likely considers his "reviews" to be his contributions, thus the need to build-up his self-importance to make up for how he otherwise sees himself, as he likely has nothing else to latch onto in his lonely life.

Classic example of a serious case of Underdeveloped Loner with major Aggressive Compensation tendencies.

Back