Real Basic Gngeo Question

I saw the new gngeo build on the main page and decided I had to dust my 2x off again. But I'm having trouble even with roms I had gotten to work in a previous (very previous) release. I think it may have to do with my neo geo bios rom.

when I had it at defaults, and renamed my uni-bios.rom to whatever it said it needed (vs-bios.rom I think) the games would load and dump me at a black screen. then I noticed the unibios option, copied a fresh unibios back in (named correctly) and now I get a different looking, corrupted load screen, and when it finishes it just refreshes and hangs instead of dumping me at my usual black screen and hanging.

I seem to recall the emu doing this last time I got it working (black screen) and remembered it was something simple, but I can't remember how I got it working. any help?

I also notice that it says that it can't dump gfx out of a large variety of games, but I suspect this is still normal, right? And is there a reason unibios can't just be included with the build to make an out of the box working build?

in rage2x config indicate unibios and not other region. You need uni-bios.rom and 000-lo.lo sfix.sfx

If you don't have tried 0.7 and use version before 0.6.9, you would see a great speed boost on all roms and now with this beta4 version you would see another great boost on some roms with sound ;)

Yod4z said:
in rage2x config indicate unibios and not other region. You need uni-bios.rom and 000-lo.lo sfix.sfx

If you don't have tried 0.7 and use version before 0.6.9, you would see a great speed boost on all roms and now with this beta4 version you would see another great boost on some roms with sound ;)
I had almost forgotten about those two files, I guess even if unibios were packed in, it still wouldn't work because of them. how silly of me.

how do you avoid selecting a region in rage2x then? right below where unibios is selected?
maybe I should have a look at where I got my 000-lo.lo and sfix.sfx from. it was so long ago I have forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back