Rechargeable Batteries For Gp2x

cranker

Still Fresh
Hi,

I hear people saing they use 2700 mah.what about 2200 0r 2500.what's the difference and will they all work?

Yup, those will also work. The mAh rating in rechargeables determines how long they last before needing recharging (likewise, how long they need to be charged).

Normal alkaline batteries are not recommended for the GP2X; they only last for a couple of minutes. Rechargeable NiMH are the recommended type of batteries.

As for me, I only have 2,000 mAh batteries, and they last me only about 3 hours. Definitely on the short side of the scale, but I have a couple of pairs, so that I can continue playing while the drained ones are being recharged. :p

Cool, thx........I can get a pretty good deal on 2000 and 2200 2500 and , but 2700 is $$$ with the charger, so 2-3 hours is enough for me. I presume the higher the number the better ? just spent $$$ on ebay for the system so gotta take it easy :) (right after i won, there was one up with batteries included for a good price) always the way !!! anyway thanks for the info. any idea if you need a special charger for 2700's ? If I buy 2200's with the charger can I buy 2700's seperately and use them in that charger ? I know probably a stupid question................

It doesn't usually matter what mAh rating the batteries are, they will most likely charge in any charger, provided the charger is actually meant to charge AAs :p The only difference being, some will charge quicker.

cranker said:
Cool, thx........I can get a pretty good deal on 2000 and 2200 2500 and , but 2700 is $$$ with the charger, so 2-3 hours is enough for me. I presume the higher the number the better ? just spent $$$ on ebay for the system so gotta take it easy :) (right after i won, there was one up with batteries included for a good price) always the way !!! anyway thanks for the info. any idea if you need a special charger for 2700's ? If I buy 2200's with the charger can I buy 2700's seperately and use them in that charger ? I know probably a stupid question................
Yeah, the higher the rating, the longer they last; their capacity, basically.

As for the charger, it really depends on what kind it is. If it's one of those cheap timer-based chargers, then it might not even charge the 2,200 mAh batteries properly, let alone 2,700 mAh. A smart charger is much more ideal as it can detect if a battery is fully charged or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, I bought a 4-pack of 3600 mAh AA-size NiMH batteries on a fair, for only 5 euros. I'm not sure if they will ever come close to this rated capacity, but I bought them just to give them a try and compare them to other, known good batteries. Even if they're just 80% of the rated capacity, it's still an awesome deal. Heck, even at 50% of the rated capacity it's still not a rip-off.

Btw. on the same fair, I also found AA batteries with "3900" in large print on them. But it nowhere said "mAh" so I was in heavy doubt about it being just a type number that was designed to be misleading and be confused with capacity, so I didn't trust it. I didn't buy them, even if they where only 7 euros.

[edit] Like these. The seller lists them as 3900 mAh but nowhere on the package or battery the indication "mAh" is used... I've seen and studied them life, not from pics.

Back