Recomended Emus

da lil fan

Still Fresh
K im gonna get my gp32 in a couple of days and i was wondering if u can tell me some decent emus for the following console and how to make it working (e.g. how to play the games etc). The consoles are:

GBA

SNES

NeoGeo colour

GBC

And any more recomended emus i should have thanks in adnvace !

Also can anyone tell me when ASR english version would be releases ore can i get a patch also can u name me some decent commercial games for gp32 (with english language not korean) that would be good to play ( mainly rpg but wouldnt mind any others)

Again Thanks In Advance !

gba - GpAdvance (be patient with this one)

snes - osx9gp

ngp - NeoGP

gb & gbc - fGB32

nes - Little John

genesis - fGEN32

there is no version of ASR in english and no patch exists BTM...

other commercial games that are fine are Her Knights, Little Wizard, Dungeon and Guarder, Tomak.. but i still prefer emus :)

da lil fan posted on Jul 24 2004 at 03:40 PM said:
can anyone tell me how the emus work etc?
They're all slightly different, but generally you just copy over the executable file and the roms. Run the program from your filelauncher and Bob, he is your uncle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to change the GP32 CPU speed in Little John? Mine shows at 133 and most of my favorite games require frameskip (which I really don't like). Any way to bump it to 166?

Thanks,

JoseQ

lol ginzu i would try it myself but when its my first time using something new i always screw up and end up breaking half the thing so thats why i want to make sure this goes all smothly so please explainm in detail how to work the emus thankz!!!!!

JoseQ posted on Jul 24 2004 at 08:03 PM said:
Is there any way to change the GP32 CPU speed in Little John? Mine shows at 133 and most of my favorite games require frameskip (which I really don't like). Any way to bump it to 166?

Thanks,

JoseQ
166 would be overkill, but take a look at this. You might have to uncompress the fxe first though using b2fxe or whatever it's called.

But before you try that! Try the release just before the last one. It's faster and might be all you need to get your games full speed. Also, try setting frameskip to auto, and around 20%. Works well for me.

da lil fan posted on Jul 24 2004 at 08:25 PM said:
lol ginzu i would try it myself but when its my first time using something new i always screw up and end up breaking half the thing so thats why i want to make sure this goes all smothly so please explainm in detail how to work the emus thankz!!!!!
You dont need to worry, there is no way to break a gp32 by trying to use an emu, no way at all

da lil fan posted on Jul 24 2004 at 01:25 PM said:
Can you be a little more specific with your question? What specifically do you need to know? Most of them come with a readme that tells you how to operate them. Most of the time you just create a folder in the GPMM directory and name it something that's similar to the emulator (Some emu's don't require a specific directory for your roms). Like GBC for the GB/C emulator, GENESIS for the genesis/megadrive emu's, NES for nes emulators, neogp32 (I think that's what it is) for the NGPC emu, etc.

what i eman is that can you give me instructions on how to work the emus that i want and ones u recommeded me for the gp32 ( snes gba neogeo wonder swan etc) when i mena work i mean load it onto the smc then what do it do?

Have you read a GP32 FAQ yet? You don't just get your GP32, pop a SMC in, and put emulators on right away.

Read this.

Dozer posted on Jul 24 2004 at 09:04 PM said:
JoseQ posted on Jul 24 2004 at 08:03 PM said:

Thanks,

JoseQ
166 would be overkill, but take a look at this. You might have to uncompress the fxe first though using b2fxe or whatever it's called.

But before you try that! Try the release just before the last one. It's faster and might be all you need to get your games full speed. Also, try setting frameskip to auto, and around 20%. Works well for me.
Actually, frameskip is exactly what I'm trying to avoid... =)

I'll try the previous version...

JoseQ

Back