Redundancy?

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
I like these new fora but it does seem quite redundant as far as the pandora goes. Are there plans to completly loose the pandora section on gp32x, should they coexsist or will the old forum be transfered here?

^ not sure you can dictate that. It's the sort of action that'll upset a lot of people.

And your post count is 6 and mine only 4. I'll never catch up now.

^ not sure you can dictate that. It's the sort of action that'll upset a lot of people.

And your post count is 6 and mine only 4. I'll never catch up now.

Haha yes it will definitely stirr things up but so does having to check 2 instead of 1 fora.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be interesting to see how this develops and now quickly it replaces the gp2x forum as the primary, if it does at all.

I don't think that the pandora section will disappear from the gp32x forum. It would make no sense since everything originated there.

Agreed, Unless it was removed but that makes little sense as a number of people are into many of the handhelds covered there.

I think at the very least the dev forums should make it here. There are many useful threads there. Do we really want to devs to goto gp32x everytime they need help with the software already released? If those threads were here, maybe they would stay here too...

Newbies are likely to be hitting this forum first (from now on), so those keen to be helping others should do their work here, methinks.

redundancy?

can I haz myself again to be able to post on both forum at same time?

Much went on behind the scenes before this split was created. A stalemate had been reached, my own posts were being deleted or edited, and the adding of that sig to my post was the final straw. Some mods might have found it funny but this is our livelihood. My account on gp32x has, or will be deleted. It's over. That kind of modding can stay there with the 4chan generation which seems to be taking over.

But talk about that can remain over at gp32x, what we really want here is a fresh forum which I hope can be more like gp32x used to be.

Oh how I miss the gp32 days of constructive arguments and helpful posters. The average Gp32x post nowadays is "im gonna wiz al overr my caaanooo11!!"

Biased mods and troll posters have ruined the place. I hope this is a huge improvement.

(this goes for everyone here... *looks at Craigix* :p )

Much went on behind the scenes before this split was created. A stalemate had been reached, my own posts were being deleted or edited, and the adding of that sig to my post was the final straw. Some mods might have found it funny but this is our livelihood. My account on gp32x has, or will be deleted. It's over. That kind of modding can stay there with the 4chan generation which seems to be taking over.

But talk about that can remain over at gp32x, what we really want here is a fresh forum which I hope can be more like gp32x used to be.

Ah okay that has that cleared :) /me is packing his things and moving here :)

Well let's hope one of the two boards (this one) quickly becomes dominant as having two separate ones will become confusing.

<edit>By the way, don't forget to link to these boards from the main site.</edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well let's hope one of the two boards (this one) quickly becomes dominant as having two separate ones will become confusing.

<edit>By the way, don't forget to link to these boards from the main site.</edit>

Yep we're linking it all up and tweaking it in the next 48 hours. I hope in a years time we will look back and see this as a very good move.

I think it makes sense having these Official forums, especially if ED and Craigix are going to be here. I find that there are lots of knowledgeable people on the GP32X forums, but so often the simplest issue seems to flare up into something major. Hopefully these forums will be more for help and support like the Ubuntu Forums which seem to be a friendly and generally welcoming place.

Count me in... I cometh here... (the pandora logo needs to be fixed...)

It makes sense. I didn't know there was so much heat going on.

So the community is abandoning the nest, and seeking a life of its own. Are we officially overcoming adolescency now? :D

It makes sense. I didn't know there was so much heat going on.

So the community is abandoning the nest, and seeking a life of its own. Are we officially overcoming adolescency now? :D

Yes, we have flown the nest. I got the impression we might be forced to live in the basement if we stayed there any longer :)

Back