Refund Experience?

transmition

Still Fresh
I have canceled my order (paid with cheque) and I was wondering how people's refund experiences went. I canceled my order on February 16, and I still have not received my refund cheque. I was told that if by the end of this week if I had not received the cheque the current one could be canceled and another could be sent if I so desired. I have emailed them today to ask for this.

How did your cancellations go?

I ordered from the UK shop. I canceled because I hit my cutoff date, and I purchased an HTC Dream (G1) instead. I am very happy with my decision (no PSX or N64) but it does do NES, SNES, and with ssh, it does virtually everything I wanted a Pandora to do. However, I really do need to have the funds I sunk into the Pandora to be returned to me so that I can subsidize my new purchase.

My refund was processed within hours of my request in a professional and timely manner, as it was for an associate of mine.

They might need a new pair of shoes from all the foot dragging and stumbling on this project, but they handle the transactions exactly like they should be handled.

Transmition said:
I ordered from the UK shop. I canceled because I hit my cutoff date, and I purchased an HTC Dream (G1) instead. I am very happy with my decision (no PSX or N64) but it does do NES, SNES, and with ssh, it does virtually everything I wanted a Pandora to do. However, I really do need to have the funds I sunk into the Pandora to be returned to me so that I can subsidize my new purchase.
Yeah, just send another email, and sit tight. I had to cantact them early in the week, and they took far longer than normal to reply, but they did get back to me. They are super busy at the moment. There are many cancellations, new orders, general questions. This is as close to a release as there has ever been, and they are swamped, with all kinds of matters from all sides. Don't worry, your refund will come! Craig may not always be the best here on the boards, but I hvae never had any problems from the girls at his shop. They are the backbone of these 4000 orders, and I can only imagine the chaos going on right now!

The G1 is a very good unit by the way. I have one myself, but I have never ran any emu's. I gave up playing games with a keyboard close to 30 years ago once my Apple 2 got retired! I never got bit by the mouse/keyboard FPS craze of the last several gaming generations! That's why the Pandora is so perfect for me. Sorry you bailed out, but I completely understand! I have set a deadline for myself as well, so I may join your club mid year if nothing has changed! Good luck, and hopefully units will ship soon, and you can try again!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Transmition said:

You spelled it wrong... it's Transmission :p
Well, if I can save enough, now I have a better chance obtaining a first batch Pandora :D
I'm sorry to see you leave, though I believe that you'll regret it.

I asked my wife to cancel the preorder for my 2008 birthday present just before Christmas 2009 - but she won't do it! :|

borgqueenx said:
well every cancelled order makes my order number at bit more close to number 1.
And thus i will receive my pandora sooner.

You could say that. But every order cancelled is making it harder for the team too.

shunun said:
borgqueenx said:
And thus i will receive my pandora sooner.

You could say that. But every order cancelled is making it harder for the team too.
i think that cancelled order is quickly filled in by a other.

But it also has a downside, and that's the people that are leaving us.
Cant blame them, im also considering myself.

I think the fastest option to get your order cancelled and possibly refunded is to mention that you got replacement for a broken *by overclocking* laptop from asus.

JayFoxRox said:
I think the fastest option to get your order cancelled and possibly refunded is to mention that you got replacement for a broken *by overclocking* laptop from asus.
heh :p
i dont think jaquline is aware of that issue :p

borgqueenx said:

Only if they ordered before you.

Pleng said:
borgqueenx said:

Only if they ordered before you.

I can't believe I didn't realize that either. Bed time, nighto!

Got my money back in December '09. I wasn't going to sit through my 16, 17th and soon to be 18th birthdays waiting for a device to materialise, especially since I lost a bet to a friend since the Pandora didn't ship by August <_< . What would you have thought in February 2009?

Got a touchbook. Never been happier since now I can make the notes I need on the go without breaking my back for at least the remaining few months of my college course. 3 kilograms plus a charger and whatever else I need to lug around is a little too much. 15.4" is a little too big for the purpose anyway... Had I known the thing would've taken until whenever in the future it will actually take to get into the hands of customers (you're thinking May? Bet? £20?), I would've simply bought something else in the meantime since I would've known I wouldn't be wasting money. Instead I had faith in the whole "just another 2 months!1" for a time. Way, way too long.

At least I have a nice big touchscreen for drawing diagrams and whatnot.

/end vent

Back