Registration???

Neogenetics

Still Fresh
Ok, i just ordered my first game park, so i was checking out a gamepark faq. And it said that you need to register it the normail way, or download so weird program so that you can use non commercial software. WHy do you have to register, and why would you not and use the other program? Basically what are the Pro's and Con's? Thanks!

Basically, you have to register to be able to download the 'freelauncher' program that allows you to run all the nice homebrew stuff.

Go to faq.gp32emu.com for a good article about registering....

You have to register because official software is encrypted to prevent piracy. Once you've registered, you can download copies of official software that are unique to your GP32 and can't be used on others.

Hi, I just ordered a gp32 too and was wondering the exact same thing.

If you register the official way via the gp32website, will you still be able to put any program on your gp ? I mean like emulators and that doom port, etc.....

If you register via that other program, you can't play original games you buy on their website, correct ?

I read through that faq, but I still don't know exactly what to do.

Maybe another question, how did YOU register yours ?

Love and Peace

Xiano posted on Aug 24 2003 said:
Hi, I just ordered a gp32 too and was wondering the exact same thing.

If you register the official way via the gp32website, will you still be able to put any program on your gp ? I mean like emulators and that doom port, etc.....

If you register via that other program, you can't play original games you buy on their website, correct ?

I read through that faq, but I still don't know exactly what to do.

Maybe another question, how did YOU register yours ?

Love and Peace
It really doesn't matter which way you register, as longs as you get free launcher. Both ways of registering get you free launcher, which allows you to run emulators and stuff. Try registering on the official site first. If that doesn't work, try irc.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you basically do is sign up for that game park mania thing on the official website and follow the instructions in the flow chart. I just wanted to know what the pros and cons are of registerinmg the official way as opposed to the not so official way.

The only bad thing about registering the irc way is that you won't be able to get JOYGP games, but then all you have to do is register the official way. You can register both ways, the unofficial way first to get free launcher, and the official way when you want to buy a joygp game.

Back