Relaxed, or "chill" games for the Pandora

Sigurd

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests i am looking for games for my Pandora for the moments where you only have about 5-10 min of spare time. (in the train or similair location). Basicly for the moments where you don't have the time (or focus) to imerse your self in an rpg or to complete a whole lvl of some game.

With this in mind im looking for chilled games (for any console) that could be used for this purpose. Examples of games i have already found are; Vertris, Super Geometry Dust, Geweled and Sandora.

I need similair games with good mindless fun for those moments where you just need relief :)

PS: I searched for a while for this to no awail so if there is a similair topic feel free to redirect me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i usually play picross on my DS on short journeys but though i havent tested it, mario's picross on the gameboy would probably be just as good!

EDIT - apparently there is also a tuxpicross out there but i dont know if its been ported

Last edited by a moderator:
You can relax to Super Geometry Dust? :blink: Respect! :lol:

I even can freak out to tetris or Enigma. When I want to relax, I play a round Freecell on my Pandora (included in the Gnome Games Compilation), or Mahjong. Works miracles. :)

I don't know if everyone would consider it chilled, but I'm playing through Pokemon Silver on the GBA whenever I have a few minutes to spare.

How about Hot Shots Golf 2 on the PS1?

It is always relaxing until you have a great game going and you make some stupid mistake and hit the ball out of bounds!

You can relax to Super Geometry Dust? :blink: Respect! :lol:

I even can freak out to tetris or Enigma. When I want to relax, I play a round Freecell on my Pandora (included in the Gnome Games Compilation), or Mahjong. Works miracles. :)
:D

I play the DS homebrew remake of this Tetris to relax: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo. Though naturally, I'm not THAT good.

midnight commander is best chilling game. You can jump into dirs, without loosing your life. Its soo addictive..

btw. Check game called: FLUID for PSX or game called "LSD - Dream Machine" on psx as well. [both for Pcsx rearmed]

For me, it's Lopan on the Pandora - a nice clone of Activision's original Shanghai game for the Amiga/ST with nicely done graphics from the original. It's very light on the UI though (there isn't one) which I'd like to rectify at some point if I can.

D.

I think "casual games" would be a more appropriate term :)

I agree with super geometry dust being an awesome casual game that´s easy to pick up and put down. It´s not chill though. Quite stressfull even :) I just got to 411000- something points earlier tonight :D

One of the best pandora dedicated games out there for sure!

Gweled is nice too, I like it´s music and gameplay but I start it less often somehow.

Other games I have on my desktop for quick access are Rrootage, Mission FaileD and Garden of coloured lights.

8bit

Thanks a million for the many replies, counted up i now have about 12 more games that ill have to try out. And yeah as Eight Bit said:

I think "casual games" would be a more appropriate term

Ill start trying out the games :)

Note: An advantage of the pandora can also be a "negative" there are so many games, i have no clue what to choose ^^

Meoww Pussycats
rolleyes.gif

PuzzleTube, Tuxrace, Prison-Break or Hamster's Escape, Donkey Bolonkey, PipePanic, Qnetwalk, Reword, Ri-Li, are all nice little time killers that don't matter if you have to quit them/sleep mode for awhile etc.

Magical Drop III (NEO*GEO) in gngeo is nice for quick or long play.

179429_magicaldrop3_1.jpg

BattleJEwels. It will ruin your life with addiction :)

jeff

(I wrote it, but others seem to think its pretty good.)

btw. Check game called: FLUID for PSX ... [both for Pcsx rearmed]

Oohhh! I actually bought that for real for my PS1. It is...ummm...relaxed, yes. And...pointless. Or possibly some sort of zen thing. I don't know. It is one of the most puzzling things I've ever tried to play, out of sheer "but what am I supposed to DO with this thing, and why?"-ishness.

If you like minigolf try VGolf. Nice timekiller. I play it on the train when I drive to work.

Back