Release date announcement for Pyra?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
Are you going to announce a release date ahead of time, or will the Pyra just suddenly be available to ship one day?

Ah no, that's not what I was asking. I was asking is he going to announce one at all, or will he announce it the same day it's being released?

ED, not sure if this has been asked already - how quickly will you be able to pump units out? 100 units a week?

As soon as I know a release date, I'll let you know. All mass proudction parts arrive until mid September, which means we can do our second prototype run at that time.
And once that's been confirmed to be working, we can produce the mass production units :)
Ahhh OK. So it's not going to be announced on the same day it's being released.

I am slightly worried that this speaker sealing business will mean some fiddly extra steps in assembly, comparable to the old light pipes which were eliminated from the design of the Pyra because they took too long to assemble.

Maybe it's not quite as bad, as with the light pipes there's a risk of putting the wrong pipes in, or putting the right pipes in but trying to put them in back to front. With these speakers as I understand it, you take two speakers, put the sealant on them and put them in the holes in the case bottom top - there's less than can go wrong once you've learned how to put the sealant on properly. And it does mean disassembling and reassembling a unit for repair should be easier, but I am still worried that the extra steps will slow down initial production somewhat.

It might slow it down, but not by much. He did say initial production would be slower while they learn how it goes together. We'll all still get one, maybe just a few days later.

Back