Release Date - On Track ?

pinhead

Still Fresh
Please forgive this dumb question but is the Pandora on track for it's release date ?
I would like to keep some of my $$ in my paypal account for this... ( and out of my wife's hands :rolleyes: :) )

David...

It's already been pushed back 1-2 months since the first projected release date to June/July. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back even more...

JerryG20 said:
It's already been pushed back 1-2 months since the first projected release date to June/July. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back even more...
cool, thanks for the info....

Gives me more time to work on my pinball playfield reproduction artwork project.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
JerryG20 said:
No it hasn't, and that's a dishonest remark to say the least. April/may has always been the release date for the developer versions, with june/july for the first commercial release of 3,000 units.

Sofar the developers have been right on track.

It's looking good but of course shortages or delays in parts etc. can always trip things up , the dev MK0 units are working and going out to devs now. Only when we are happy everything is working will we begin the 3000. We have always said this. We won't release something unfinished just to meet a deadline.

craigix said:
It's looking good but of course shortages or delays in parts etc. can always trip things up , the dev MK0 units are working and going out to devs now. Only when we are happy everything is working will we begin the 3000. We have always said this. We won't release something unfinished just to meet a deadline.
Logical, so what are you doing here, get to work ^^

No, but seriously nothing worse than a release that isn't finished even if I really want it now =D
I can live with a delay, just not in the Duke Nukem 4-ever timespan ;P

Is there going to be a preorder available closer to the time of release?

I have a question.

What happens after the 3000 are sold? Should any of us that didn't get one (If this were too happen) have to wait a long time for another batch or will it be a constant supply?

Unfortunately there will be a delay after the first 3000 units but we hope 3000 will be enough to keep most of you happy while we set up production for more!

Slightly related to actual release date,

I'm curious what will actually be inside the packaging besides the pandora. How fancy of packaging are you guys shooting for? And is there anything you can tell us about the people who are helping fund this project?

No one is helping to fund the project outside the people you know to be involved.

I liked the GP2X Value pack box and something like that would be nice, but we are not going to spend a lot of money making a fancy box :) that money is better spent elsewhere :) It will just come with a manual, pandora, cd and power supply.

craigix said:
No one is helping to fund the project outside the people you know to be involved.

I liked the GP2X Value pack box and something like that would be nice, but we are not going to spend a lot of money making a fancy box :) that money is better spent elsewhere :) It will just come with a manual, pandora, cd and power supply.
Really? That's interesting. I'm interested to know how MWeston managed to design, validate, and fab the boards on a limited budget (being an EE myself). Do you think he'd divulge that info? ;)

As for the box, I would agree. I think you guys have done a great job evaluating the needs of the design and what kind of fluff can be cut out. I don't know about others, but if you included what you said in the box plus a screen cover and a pouch, I'd be happy as a hornet.

The budget is not all that limited, the prototyping was done in the USA and was pretty expensive compared to China, as i've said i'm writing up the story of all this which will be posted soonish. Once i've cut it down from 50 pages in to like... 4.

craigix said:
The budget is not all that limited, the prototyping was done in the USA and was pretty expensive compared to China, as i've said i'm writing up the story of all this which will be posted soonish. Once i've cut it down from 50 pages in to like... 4.
Please oh please include the 50 page version as a .pdf on the CD metnioned to be included with Pandora :). Biographies I'm not a huge fan of, but a detailed story of the birth of as amazing a machine as Pandora, I could definitely read :).

Tobriand said:
craigix said:
Please oh please include the 50 page version as a .pdf on the CD metnioned to be included with Pandora :). Biographies I'm not a huge fan of, but a detailed story of the birth of as amazing a machine as Pandora, I could definitely read :).

I second that

Holokauston said:
Tobriand said:
craigix said:

I second that

Thirded, I would definitely be interested.

Trooper

craigix said:
It will just come with a manual, pandora, cd and power supply.
Sounds really great but I thought the TV-out cable was also included. Either way i'll be one of the first in line for the Pandora. :D

rmm21 said:
craigix said:
It will just come with a manual, pandora, cd and power supply.
Sounds really great but I thought the TV-out cable was also included. Either way i'll be one of the first in line for the Pandora. :D

A TV-out cable you can get at any electronics store for a few bucks :)

Back