Reminiscence-flashback Engine For Gp2x, V0.1 Beta

rlyeh

Certified Guru
49°9' East latitude, 126°43' South longitude: in y
Website
www.retrodev.info
Well, I think it's time to release my first GP2X binary, isn't it ?

I've ported the amazing REminiscence engine as an exercise training to test & stress my minimal SDK libraries.

The port itself is almost finished and its smooth as hell. It's only missing savestates and maybe slighty louder sound effects.

I will release a proper binary in the next days featuring the missing bits and providing full source code.

Feel free to drop your feedback/suggestions before I move to another project... this one is 98% FINISHED :)

Now enjoy this wonderful game! :)

gp2x-flashback.jpg

download it here

wow, this is the last game i thought that would be ported to the gp2x, i cant believe some body loves this game as much as i did, it was the first game i completed, without cheats.

thank you sooooo much :D

I only ever had a chance to play flashback for a few mins, and i was one of those dumbasses who kepy dying on the second screen :D
Im looking forward to giving it another play. Looks like excellent work, grat choice for a first project.

ryleh YOU ARE MY GOD!

This was the game i bought the GP2X to play on the move...I have a tear in my eye

What about "savestate" function?

It supports flashback for SegaCD or other Flashback port using CD-AUDIO?

Thanks for your port :)

U R A F-ing GOD, not only something new to put on my 2X but my all time fave game, you bloody hero.

Next your be telling us your porting FADE TO BLACK :rolleyes:

I've played through the first two levels already :p

Feedback wise (most if not all of which i'm sure your well aware of):

-Audio runs fast (I know your working on)
-Graphical Glitchs in cut scenes, where objects appear flat lines
-L + R crashes my GP2x instead of terminating the app
-Savestate or keyboard input of passwords (I know your working on)

Thanks

Tried it and its great maybe even a little to fast the sound is to fast though, I guess about 4 times and screen could be a little bit larger to fit the 2X's screen.

THanks again greta job

Back