Repo lost software?

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello all, I've been noticing that there are a fair few titles that have just plain disappeared off the repo. Was wondering if this is a licensing issue or broken pnd's issue or what...?

Not like I'm going to complain that my SD has entirely more than the repo has to offer just wondering if I need to purge my sd of broken stuff or if licenses have changed and I'm just lucky enough to have these games, etc. already or it's something else...

Can you give some examples? The only reason I can think is if people have asked for something they wrote to be removed, and I've not noticed anyone doing that.

Plenty of early stuff came about before the repo, and has simply never been uploaded to it. That stuff should still be on the file archive or as attachments in these boards. A little stuff was only ever on privately hosted sites (though mainly dev versions of things such as Hase), and that will be lost if it's not on an internet archive.

If I recall some of the 3DRealms/Apogee licensed games were pulled because of some dispute on who actually gave us the rights put it up on the repo. I believe Justin from the GCW-Zero team had some deal he arranged with 3DRealms and gave EvilDragon the opportunity to sell the games on our repo outside of that I don't know much.

Wind and Water's now gone (was a GINGE prepack), dunno if that is cause the package broke or something, but I'd love to repackage it for GINGE again, minimize the bloat not needing the GINGE binaries in it... Such a good game....

Maybe you had them in your head beeing in the old repo.
I see a shitload of games not put in the "new".

Last edited:
Wind and Water's now gone (was a GINGE prepack), dunno if that is cause the package broke or something, but I'd love to repackage it for GINGE again, minimize the bloat not needing the GINGE binaries in it... Such a good game....

Maybe because they are doing an online version and they got Greenlight approved

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=792509411

I hope they release it for Pyra and maybe OpenPandora later.

Looks like it. I honestly don't remember where I got it from, but I thought I had been notified on these boards somehow (probably someone bumping an old thread), but searching for 'wind and water' just got me keyboard discussion threads.

I suspect most things you search for will return keyboard discussion threads, given how many of those there were and how big they were.

yeah, might just be that my SD has tonnes of stuff from openhandhelds and the old Pandora Apps site... *shrugs* Might put a new version that's a little smaller on the actual repo...

I think W&W was pulled because an official Pandora Port (with online play!) exists.
Unfortunately, development stopped during beta testing phase back then, so it was never released.

And I'm sure we'll see a Pandora port - I'm working with them to improve the multiplayer-mode :D

Back