Release [REPO] Super Hexagon - 1.0.3.0 - New

Repository

preview1.jpg
Super Hexagon is a minimal action game by Terry Cavanagh, with music by Chipzel.

This is actually using apkenv and is the same as playing it through apkenv itself, except that this version also has C4A leaderboards support. PND was created and C4A support was added with Terry's permission.

The game requires original Android APK for game logic and data. Version 1.0.3 is recommended, which can be obtained from http://superhexagon.com/ or Google Play store.
Get it from here!

As some may have noticed from the effort I've put to get this going on Pandora, I'm quite a fan of this game. Maybe a bit of challenge to beat the score too.

Stupid question time, if we order with the main link on the superhexagon site, do we get the apk, or do you have top go through the Google play store for that?

HOLY SHIT, thanks a million for this. Also C4A support :eek:

I am terrible at this game, so now I can train on the go.

You are the best, notaz :) (also Terry for making the game and Poke for gifting it to me on Steam)

How is performance btw?

This game works very well with the d-pad.

Excellent audio too.

L shoulder button restarts too which I find very natural and convenient.

So does r nub.

A gem of a game. I thank you for this !! ;)

AMAZING!!

Last edited:
Wow, a 'dream' just came true, was going to enquire about C4A support for super Hexagon, but decided to just be happy with it running through apkenv. Thanks again Notaz, good to see you've had time to play a bit as well.  :D

@ Fox Block : Performance seems fine, plays like it was made for Pandora.

Super Hexagon is well worth the £1.99 asking price, for those wavering, this review nails it IMHO.

Stupid question time, if we order with the main link on the superhexagon site, do we get the apk, or do you have top go through the Google play store for that?
Actually I'm not sure, I've got mine through some Android humble bundle. superhexagon.com is using humble store, maybe it includes the APK too (specifically APK version is required for ARM-complied game code).

BTW I see milkshake has set up it all nicely on C4A site with proper score formatting, so thanks to him for that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the pack from the website, it only includes the desktop versions, not the android one: (

Thank you everyone who got this going! Finally! It feels so good to play this on with real controls.

It's ON in the compo :)

I've the game running through apkenv, but the version doesn't seem to work under this pnd? It just creates an empty data folder. I've tried copying the data files generated from apkenv but that does seem to work either...

I bought the pack from the website, it only includes the desktop versions, not the android one: (
Ohwell, that leaves Android stores like Play or Amazon I guess.

I'll update the description..
Isn"t there a better way to give all the money to the author himself instead of having these stores take 30% of the share?

May be worth asking Terry himself.

Ohwell, that leaves Android stores like Play or Amazon I guess.

I'll update the description..
Isn"t there a better way to give all the money to the author himself instead of having these stores take 30% of the share?

May be worth asking Terry himself.
I like you thinking, like this could just be a commercial release on the repo...

I've the game running through apkenv, but the version doesn't seem to work under this pnd? It just creates an empty data folder. I've tried copying the data files generated from apkenv but that does seem to work either...
Can you retry with empty appdata (leave only the apk) and post /tmp/pndrun_super_hexagon.out file output?

Also note that you may need to wait a minute or so when you start the game first time as it's extracting the data.

I like you thinking, like this could just be a commercial release on the repo...
Since I'm sort of in contact with Terry after permission request for making this PND, I can try to ask him..

Last edited by a moderator:
here´s the info you requested

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SANDISK32B/pandora/menu/super_hexagon.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SANDISK32B/pandora/appdata/super_hexagon
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : run.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SANDISK32B/pandora/appdata/super_hexagon=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/super_hexagon=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( run.sh  ) ----------
apkenv 42.3.15 - http://thp.io/2012/apkenv/
Copyright © 2012 Thomas Perl <m@thp.io>

Usage: ./apkenv <file.apk>
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( run.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

Oh and i for one would happily buy a commercial version from the repo, should it become available. :)

Seeing as I couldn't seem to extract the installed version from my phone, I had to go and "acquire" one by another means. I think the actual file name was Super Hexagon (1.0.3).apk (not 100% sure as I'm in work now)

Back