Retroarch problems

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Hello,

since PCSX-ReARMed for Android only seems to be available inside of Retroarch, I want to use that, because of the way superior performance to ePSXe, unfortunately no matter what I do, I can't save SRAM or SaveStates, so am not able to make any progress at all.
The app is set to have writing privileges in the storage, I have tried several save game and save state locations but no matter how I do it, the Memory card is always empty and the save state writing progress gives me 0% indefinitely.

Also: What do the "Scan Directory" and "Scan File" options do?
I can see it scanning the directories and finding games, but nothing changes, I don't get a list of games anywhere and have to load everything manually (or via "recent").

What did I miss?

PS: I am using the October 2018 version from the apk, hopefully that one is current.

Yes.

After reinstalling that problem fixed itself for some reason though.
I still don't get game lists or thumbnails.

I think Retroarch tests hashes of roms vs 'known good' patterns and won't show any that cannot be uniquely associated with a platform.
You can launch libretro emulators from the commandline, giving it a rom as an argument.

I think Retroarch tests hashes of roms vs 'known good' patterns and won't show any that cannot be uniquely associated with a platform.
You can launch libretro emulators from the commandline, giving it a rom as an argument.
Commandline in Android?

try changing the path of your save states to an internal store directory. My gpd xd needed the save states to be on the internal store where I could have my roms on external. Not sure if it's an android thing or a retroarch thing.

Maybe not the forum to ask this, but can retroarch vary the position of the OSD control mask? I'm worried about OLED burn-in. Well not really but It's keeping me from playing.

Back