Reviving Your Dead Wiz Battery

evernal

Still Fresh
To all the ppl out there with a dead wiz battery who can't get a replacement battery because well it's all out of stock,
I have a little trick for you to jumpstart that dead battery.

So basically i just searched on google on how to revive a dead lithium ion battery and there's this video on youtube that does the trick!!

Take note that black is negative and positive is red, make sure that neg is to neg and pos is to pos on your battery and try to tape it down. try to feel for heat from the wires to make sure that there's a charge...hope this will help revive your battery. Also, doesn't hurt to leave your batt in the freezer for 24 hrs prior to doing this

Last edited by a moderator:
evernal said:
To all the ppl out there with a dead wiz battery who can't get a replacement battery because well it's all out of stock,
I have a little trick for you to jumpstart that dead battery.

So basically i just searched on google on how to revive a dead lithium ion battery and there's this video on youtube that does the trick!!

Take note that black is negative and positive is red, make sure that neg is to neg and pos is to pos on your battery and try to tape it down. try to feel for heat from the wires to make sure that there's a charge...hope this will help revive your battery. Also, doesn't hurt to leave your batt in the freezer for 24 hrs prior to doing this
This is a very bad idea for a lithium battery, particularly if the battery isn't protected internally (the protection circuit could be in the charger or the battery, I don't know which it is for the wiz). Lithium batteries are known to catch fire or explode when messed with. If it's a lithium polymer battery (I don't know if it is or not, probably ion and not polymer), you risk the chance of having the battery expand and break the plastic case.

Edit: According to a website I just saw, they are lithium polymer and therefor subject to expansion(which occurs by producing gas)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back