Rise Of The Triads

milky

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,
I've managed to get Duke3d, Doom and Quake working on my GP2x but I can't get Rise Of The Triads to work. I am using a shareware version will this still work?
And if it does still work can someone tell me what files do i need and where to put them because i think i might have put them in the wrong place. I have read the readme but it isn't very detailed and im a noob so I think i mixed things up :(

- Files included in the Rise of The Triad PC game must be copied to the rott folder likewise the content from the shareware version must go into the rottshare folder.
- You can play either version by launching the .gpe file. In order to play the game using TV-Out function without any problems, use the script "rott_tvout.gpe".

i have all this in my .rott folder:

battle.rot
config.rot
scores.rot
DEMO1_3.DMO
DEMO2_3.DMO
DEMO3_3.DMO
DEMO4_3.DMO
HUNTBGIN.RTC
HUNTBGIN.RTL
HUNTBGIN.WAD
REMOTE1.RTS
MODEM.PCK
ORDER.FRM
sound.rot

it still doesnt work so does anyone know what im missing or what im doing wrong

last time I tried RotT, I think it was barely playable...
I'd rather wait for a new version to come out ;)

Duke3D freezes if I select difficulty with B button, but works when I click with the stick... I don't have other clue :(

reiboul posted on Aug 22 2006 at 01:59 AM said:
Duke3D freezes if I select difficulty with B button, but works when I click with the stick... I don't have other clue :(

duke3d doesnt freeze. B is back and if you go back from the main menu it messes things up i think you can use A to click

Last edited by a moderator:
milky posted on Aug 21 2006 at 06:19 PM said:
i have now managed to get it started but as soon as a click on a difficulty level it freezes :(
Same here. It's really annoying because from the demo the framerates look smooth as silk.

EDIT: As I was typing the reply the game started, lol.. turns out it just takes a long time to load ;) Sound is still corrupted though so don't turn the volume up.

subcon959 posted on Aug 22 2006 at 09:46 PM said:
milky posted on Aug 21 2006 at 06:19 PM said:
i have now managed to get it started but as soon as a click on a difficulty level it freezes :(
Same here. It's really annoying because from the demo the framerates look smooth as silk.

EDIT: As I was typing the reply the game started, lol.. turns out it just takes a long time to load ;) Sound is still corrupted though so don't turn the volume up.
thanks it works gr8 apart from the sound and it takes ages to load
maybe sound will work better in next release :)

Can someone please confirm exactly which files from the ROTT CD are required for this to run? So far every post just says "include the files from the cd".

Cheers,

Ahsawk

Back