Release Sandora 0.1.2

WaveHack

Still Fresh
Website
mineth.net
About

s3m1dz.png

Sandora is a falling sand game created for the OpenPandora Ltd. Pandora handheld. However, makefiles are available for the Pandora (native compiling), Windows, Linux and even the Nokia N900 and N950 phones. You can compile yourself provided you have GCC (MinGW on Windows) and libSDL 1.2 installed. Sandora is based off SDL Sand.

Sandora official website: http://mineth.net/projects/sandora/

Sandora Google Code page: http://code.google.com/p/sandora/

Changelog

• Fixed a bug where it would sometimes tried to insert particles outside the boundary, resulting in a crash or palette shift.
  • Changed key layout (see readme).
  • Changed default particle from Wall to Sand. This is to prevent confusing new users in thinking this is a paint program or something.
  • Added makefiles and key layout support for N900/N950.
  • Added Linux makefile.

Download

Version 0.1.2 (PND): Google Code, OpenPandora Repo

SVN Source (C/SDL): Click

Media

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xv5eje_wo2s?feature=oembed

Click for higher version.

Have fun. If you find bugs or want to request features, use Sandora's issue list on Google Code.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I did not. Stylus needed for this game?

Guess so, now that I watch the video... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool a new version, thanks!

Also a feature request: qould it be possible to have an oil spout that won't be burned by fire? I like building stuff with an oil spout and a torch and when enough oil has filled up it reaches the fire, burns up and then starts again, but right now I have to redraw the oil spouts every now and then as they get burned up in the fire... :)

Cool a new version, thanks!

Also a feature request: qould it be possible to have an oil spout that won't be burned by fire? I like building stuff with an oil spout and a torch and when enough oil has filled up it reaches the fire, burns up and then starts again, but right now I have to redraw the oil spouts every now and then as they get burned up in the fire... :)

Yeah that's because fires can technically burn through anything (but only oil itself and plants are being ignited). I'll push that for the next version.

Really enjoyed playing round with this today. Many thanks Wavehack, for some quality homebrew.

Took me a while to find the readme, so for anyone else who wants to know what key does what :

Press Start (Pandora), Backspace (N900/N950) or Escape to exit Sandora.

In general, the QWERTY-row are fluids that fall down, the ASDF row are solid particles and ZXCVB are spouts (particles which endlessly generate fluid particles).

Misc:

• Return, clear the whole screen.
  • Space, eraser.

Fluids:

• Q (Water), standard liquid. Combines with Salt and Dirt.
  • W (Sand), it's just sand. Combine with Water.
  • E (Salt), salt melts Ice and combines with Water.
  • R (Oil), highly flammable!
  • T (Dirt), standard dirt.

Combined:

• Y (Acid), burns through all but Wall and Water.
  • U (Saltwater), result of Water + Salt. Do not drink.
  • I (Mud), result of Water + Dirt.

Floating:

• O (Steam), slowly condenses into Water.
  • P (Fire), ignites Oil, burns Plant and evaporates Water and Saltwater.
  • , (Electric), does nothing much as of yet.

Stills:

• A (Wall), standard building material.
  • S (Ironwall), rusts when in contact with water.
  • D (Stove), boils Water and Saltwater.
  • F (Ice), melts upon contact with Salt.
  • G (Rust), slowly disintegrates.
  • H (Ember), different form of fire. To be removed.
  • J (Plant), plants grow in Water and burn in Fire.
  • K (Void), nullifies anything that touches it.

Spouts:

• Z (Waterspout), spawns water.
  • X (Sandspout), spawns sand.
  • C (Saltspout), spawns salt.
  • V (Oilspout), spawns oil.
  • B (Torch), spawns fire.

I have another request, although I don't know if it would be possible: The option to have the spouts on a timer, something like a geyser, where it would sleep a given time (maybe random something like 5 to 20 seconds or maybe fixed) and then spawn whatever it spawns for a couple of seconds.

Also generally, would it be possible to to something like a fan which blows the particles away from it? And could we also have spouts for the other things, e.g. saltwater?

I have another request, although I don't know if it would be possible: The option to have the spouts on a timer, something like a geyser, where it would sleep a given time (maybe random something like 5 to 20 seconds or maybe fixed) and then spawn whatever it spawns for a couple of seconds.

Also generally, would it be possible to to something like a fan which blows the particles away from it? And could we also have spouts for the other things, e.g. saltwater?

It's unlike I'll add this myself. Feel free to provide a patch for it, though.

Back