Save The Hd-dvd Format! (support Is Stronger Than Ever)

acpgames

Still Fresh
http://www.petitiononline.com/SAVEHDD/petition.html

Go there and sign to show that HD DVD will not give up and it will never die...

Votes have gone up 1500 in a few days, this petition is only 2 weeks old,

spread this link around to other forums even non-related in off topic sections, there are HD DVD owners who dont know about this so lets find them... show the studios just like TOSHIBA, we do not give up..... we do not want BLURAY in our homes.....

note alot of people meaning BLURAY lovers say that this petition will not work for 2 reason one studios wont look at it and BLURAY lovers spamming the petition with their thoughts, but this petition has been sent to all movie studios, they may be right but there is no harm in trying right, and if BLURAY owners want to add to the vote numnbers by talking crap then let them thats more numbers for us so if this does get read i dont think studios will read all the posts they will just see the numbers they may see half a dozen or if none at all, so show your support to show how strong HD DVD supporters are....

also dont stop buying HD DVD's specially WARNER BROTHERS movies, they are testing HD DVD support if they dont get the BLURAY target sales they will come back, so if we keep buying HD DVD's we still have a chance, UNIVERSAL and PARAMOUNT/DREAMWORKS still wants to stay with HD DVD... PARAMOUNT are in a signed contract until FEB 09 so HD DVD so far aint going anywhere, so come on show your support, votes are almost #6000, it took BLURAY to get #6000 in a year for the vs HD DVD petition, this is only 2 weeks old and the numbers are going up alot....

again spread this link around get the word out, this is on many many forums including amazon.com, many other hd dvd forums and gaming forums and more, so spread the word because not every hd dvd owner knows of this so we mujst find them, again this may not work but like anything you dont know unless you do it, like winning money you have to be in it to win.........

thanks all......

They're both crappy extreme DRM-ridden formats. Sony backs Blu-ray and Microsoft backs HD-DVD, what a choice to have to make.

To quote the Bard - "A plague on both your houses"

Well, i take it that the Original Poster has bought a HD-DVD Player, or Xbox360+drive and is now disappointed that his investment in the hardware might turn out to be misspent money.

I´m sorry for you, paying a lot of money for hardware that might soon only have collector´s value must really suck. But on the other hand, i do´t really see why i should take sides in this battle of standards. Sure, i dislike sony, but the HD-DVD standard is in no way superior to Bluray. Its simply not very smart to take sides early in a battle of formats such as this one. Sony spent a shitload of money in advertising and hardware subsidies, even though the current trend towards Bluray might have not been so predictable a year ago, it´s still obvious now that it will become the next standard for HD movies. Prolonging the inevitable will not help anyone.

The DVD will still be the standard medium for more than a year and i won´t upgrade to HD anytime soon. Why should i be concerned?

Vimacs said:
hd-dvd is dead, bluray has won, get over it...

HAHAHA where did you get that idea, HD DVD aint going anywhere yet, UNIVERSAL and PARAMOUNT/DREAMWORKS still wants to back HDDVD, PARAMOUNT/DREAMWORKS are in a contract until FEB 09 HDDVD wont end this year anyways if anything, a long way to go yet,

BLURAY still too expensive, HD DVD 51gb discs are ready to go now, DISNEY say they are on board when its out, so the format war aint over yet, and it aint over until the very last HD disc made is released...

HD DVD sales have tripled in the past few weeks, and players are getting a price cut and thye are cheap anyways, so HDDVD is getting alot of support at the moment,

Last edited by a moderator:
acpgames said:
Vimacs said:

HAHAHA where did you get that idea, HD DVD aint going anywhere yet, UNIVERSAL and PARAMOUNT/DREAMWORKS still wants to back HDDVD, PARAMOUNT/DREAMWORKS are in a contract until FEB 09 HDDVD wont end this year anyways if anything, a long way to go yet,

BLURAY still too expensive, HD DVD 51gb discs are ready to go now, DISNEY say they are on board when its out, so the format war aint over yet, and it aint over until the very last HD disc made is released...

HD DVD sales have tripled in the past few weeks, and players are getting a price cut and thye are cheap anyways, so HDDVD is getting alot of support at the moment,

Then why do some people need to petition for HD-DVD?

Fishbong said:
acpgames said:
Vimacs said:

Then why do some people need to petition for HD-DVD?

To show support, so all studios go to HD DVD so we can end this format war....

acpgames said:
To show support, so all studios go to HD DVD so we can end this format war....
Whatever. Just be sure to "end" the format war in less than 2 years, so i won´t have to wait longer when i want to upgrade to HD.

I recommend bittorrent: DRM free... generally free... downloads videos directly to harddrive. Screw the new formats. It's called piracy, you should try it :D

Honestly couldn't care less if one of those two things dies. Actually, I wish that anything released with DRM support sort of dies because I can't stand people telling me what to do with devices and media I have purchased and own. Well, not going to have another one of those discussions.

Sony vs Microsoft. talk about picking the lesser evil. I don't even know how to put measure here :blink: well MS was in the "screwing customers to the full extend of no laws"-business a little longer, they started with MS-Dos already.

I marginally prefer HD-DVD:
  • It continues the DVD name,
  • It is region free,
  • It's cheaper!
I don't see what all the fuss about capacity is about since it's been shown that even in HD resolutions they are scratching their heads about what to use the space for... Personally I just want a nice archival format...

So I kinda hope HD-DVD pulls it back and wins... but right now, it makes no difference to me. DVD is absolutely fine and dandy... and bittorrent.

hay you guys bluray sucks sony is evil and microsoft is like the great goddess; they will help out the little guys and be really nice!

Just got a PS3, so screw the competition!

And this is just childish and stupid, the only thing that the studios will listen to is sales, and the sales of BR are way higher than HD DVD.

Sorry, but it's over.

lubidog said:
Just got a PS3, so screw the competition!

And this is just childish and stupid, the only thing that the studios will listen to is sales, and the sales of BR are way higher than HD DVD.

Sorry, but it's over.
Get Heavenly Sword then, as well as Enchanted Arms if you like RPGs (about a tenner on ebay for that one).

It's fairly obvious why HD DVD are cheaper; Toshiba are having to subsidise them to stay in the competition. Expect things to change when the format war is over.

Back