Saving In Temper

loki valhalla

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
for some reason, i was told to make a new thread, so here it is:
hi, is there some special option i have to activate to use normal save in cd games? rondo of blood doesn't seem to be saving, even though it's supposed to.
i know there's save states, but i'd much prefer to be able to use normal saves

"Normal" saves are supported automatically. There's an option to make backup file per-game or system-wide. I've never had any problem with Rondo, maybe you're doing something wrong in-game or something is causing the BRAM file to not load somehow.

i suspect it might be something causing the file to not load, because there is a file for rondo in the saves folder. but in-game, i'm selecting the "save and exit" option whenever i get a game over. i don't know what else i could be doing...

loki valhalla said:
for some reason, i was told to make a new thread, so here it is:
hi, is there some special option i have to activate to use normal save in cd games? rondo of blood doesn't seem to be saving, even though it's supposed to.
i know there's save states, but i'd much prefer to be able to use normal saves

Have you been able to solve the issue then or does it still persist?

The reason was that you were gravedigging and that I suggested you open a new thread so your problem would be noticed and taken care off which is what happened apparently. I gave those exact reasons before and you responded like a bit of an ass. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
it turns out that the temper i was using was 0.70, and i found 0.75 just the other day, and replaced the old temper.gpe on my sd card with the new one, which just gives me a black screen when i run it.

as for the posting thing, i just thought it would be more efficient to keep talk of one emulator in one thread, and that people would read new posts even in an old thread. your post in that other thread seemed condescending as well as implying that i'd commited a grave sin for posting in an existing thread. but this stuff isn't really relevant or helpful anyway, so let's drop it.

Yeah it was meant to be humorous but that is always hard to get across on the internet.

So now you are getting a black screen, huh? Sometimes files are being corrupted on the sd card during the transfer. Try a fresh SD card with the 0.75 version of temper and a few roms. Or backup all of your old stuff and reformat your sd. Maybe even redownload the files for the emulator and unpack them to hdd first before copying to sd.

what firmware are you on? I don't know if temper uses any sdl libs. Maybe that is a problem? On older firmware there were version conflicts between sdl libraries or no sdl at all.

Back