Pandora Scratch in PND format?

EssoAir

http://scratch.mit.edu

Is there anyone out there that is interested in porting Scratch to PND? I remember using scratch about 4 years ago. It introduced me to the programming sphere. I'd love to do it myself, but I still have a lot of learning to do before I can port anything.

So, is anyone interested?

Uhmm seems difficult (at least for me) because we need first to port at the Squeak language (used to code this) and later Scratch

Last edited by a moderator:
Works flawless in pandebian.

Edit: debian sid only. It hasnt reached squeeze yet.

If you selected squeeze (stable) as your debian version when you installed pandebian, scratch is not available. It is only available if you chose sid (unstable) when installing pandebian.

... coming soon in a repo near you ...

previews1.png  previews2.png

It's done. Grab it in the repo

I found it snappy and enjoyable. The screen is of course small, but it is very usable I think.

I should probably create a thread for it, but where should I put it ? In the Game creation kit folder ?

It's done. Grab it in the http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=scratch'>repo

I found it snappy and enjoyable. The screen is of course small, but it is very usable I think.

I should probably create a thread for it, but where should I put it ? In the Game creation kit folder ?
WOW! Thanks! I honestly didn't expect anyone to do it. I mostly use it for game design so this will be a great tool to edit and showsoff projects on the go.

game Creation kit folder sounds good

Despite needing OpenGL, and running in a vm, Scratch is not slow.
Needing a vm?? Does that mean it still relies on Pandebian?

Also, which version of the Pandora did you test it on?

No, it is a self contained PND. It run a SuperZaxxon 1.52.

The VM I was refereing to is the Squeak VM. But maybe my text is confusing, I will remove it.

Oh. Great! Just instead of "VM" make it "uses the Squeak language" or something

I git "install" on the PND store about 10 minutes ago and it still says its installing. How long should it take?

I removed the VM comment on the repo, oppened a new thread in the "game  creation kit" section, and added more details to the VM and Squeak thing here.

I'm interested in knowing if you can load and launch your creation on the Pandora  :p  .

Also, how do you take screenshots on the Pandora?
I use SnapSnap PND by gruso. Very cool tool. There are 2 options. The first (in Graphics) is timer based. Basicaly, it take a screenshot every x seconds (x is configurable).

Second option (in System) install a hotkey (F10, I haven't dig to change it, but it is changeable).

There are some drawback (the first screenshot in timer mode has box from SnapSnap itself, if you click "OK" in the dialog box, no screenshot, so you have to "cancel" the dialog box, and then you have to kill, with long press on the pandora button, the timer to stop taking screenshot), but a required PND anyway to do PND  :)  .

The PND is a little big, more than 50 Mo, so it can take a while depending on the Wifi stability. It may be easier (and faster) to download via a PC, and than copy the PND by hand on the SDCard or the Pandora (with the mini USB cable and the SD Mass Storage utility).

I downloaded it through Firefox and it worked great! I'm going to sideload some of my old programs.

Back in middle school I took a class in Scratch and I think I still have some of my okd programs from then. Its been 4 years, though

Back