Screen lid getting loose

Nikojiro

Hi,

My screen lid tends to go flip all the way backwards when I play (I love beat'em alls so there are a lot of button presses) and that's really annoying. I've seen a post of someone who made a king of clamp using a 3d printer, but I think there might be a cleaner way to do this...

How and how safely can the screen lid be disassembled? Could I put some rubber in the articulation?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nico

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a picture some time ago where someone glued a small rubber bit (like the ones on the edges on the inside of the lid) on the backside of the case. It was used to limit the maximum angle of the decive. To clearify this a bit: It was glued horizontally on the case right above the USB A port. I think I will apply this to my device also when it is about to become loose.

How and how safely can the screen lid be disassembled? Could I put some rubber in the articulation?
All time favorites:

The hinge itself starts at 07:50. Following the reports of the community pandora build team it's not that easy as ED's noted on the vid too. You should be really carefully in your doing as the removal of the hinge itself requires much force.

The vid isn't very detailed in showing the hinge, i still don't know how it works exactly, but i don't see any points to add some kind of intermediate position lock on.

Maybe it could be possible to cut a small groove on one side of the hinge flange and apply multilayers of superglue to the opposite flange until a rise is made that fits into the groove. But the problem is, the height of the rise would spread between the left and right hinge, applying force on the case. This could lead into case cracks.

Back