screen shaking and twitching

StewMasterJ

Still Fresh
I have HF 6 and only installed to NAND a few development tools.

One morning, after a night of charging my Pandora, I opened the screen to find that it was not displaying properly, the image was shaky and twitching. Having been frightened, I turned off the Pandora then turned it on again... It still was shaking and twitching. I turned it off again, and let it chill for a day.

I turned it on later and was able to use it perfectly for about an hour when it slowly started shaking and twitching again. I finished what I was working on and shut it off.

Again, today, this happened yet it started after about 30mins, and I made sure not to touch the screen at all, thinking that it may be due to that.

An interesting observation I made, is that if the shakiness was a line or rod; it stayed rather fixed on the left of the screen and varied the most on the right side, the shaking is mainly a sort of vertical image oscillation but more blurred.

Has anybody any thoughts about this problem? I tried "calibrating the touchscreen" but that had no effect. Must I get a new screen?

Thanks

I had a similar effect once using an old gamegear LCD as a display for a ZX speccy (my hastily concocted Speccy laptop....), turned out that as the batteries began to lose strength it caused interference on the screen, so I'd guess there may be a voltage issue here. Could be the LCD connector, but you might also want to take the battery out and place it back in again - it's a long shot, but worth trying.

More recently, I've been getting black interference spots and swirling bands of shade and light, but it turns out it's my eyeballs and it's actually my health that's knackered, not the pandora. Phew, for a minute I was worried.

The Pandora is only a few weeks old, I got it in the end of November.

The batteries are quite charged; greater than 70%. I'll try the battery thing.

Hope your health improves.

thanks

it's sort of like that, but much worse and all over the screen, it's very disorienting and worrisome.

Should I send it back? :(

I'd send it back - I feel sorry for you, but it's probably best to send it as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the longer it'll take.

It might be temperature and battery capacity related. These last couple days I haven 't had a problem with the screen. It has been colder and the battery level has been below 75%. I think the battery component is the more dominant effect. Perhaps I should just not charge it above 80%

I think this is a bigger problem, would unstable voltages be a cause for this problem?

Maybe when the battery is fully charged, for some reason the voltage regulation is not working past +4.0 V? No idea but I think you really need to send this in.

If you removed the battery and replaced it and that seems to have fixed the problem, it might just have been the battery was not properly housed. You should be able to charge fully and discharge without any problems. If the same things happen again you need to send it back, but I really hope it was just the battery not being properly contacting with the contacts on the pandora. Let us know please!

One more thing you could try if it is the battery not being seated on the contacts correctly, try placing a peice of paper in the case such as that it will force the contacts together. I had issues where my pandora would reset itself, and this was alleviated with the paper trick.

Back