Screen Tearing Fixed, And Dual Boot Improvement

sold

songs in the key of AAAAAARRRGH!
There are a couple of excellent updates at http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com in regards to screen tearing and dual boot.

The Dingoo is being made heaps better thanks to Booboo. Those of us here that own a Dingoo should be paying a little more attention ;)

And also, take that naysayers :p

MMmm, drunken dingoo action. Nice post, I wonder if my mac will be able to interface with the dingoo.

EDIT: First post edited to remove request to fix topic title and talk of being plastered to the point of temporary illiteracy from gp32x front page. :lol:

There's been another important bug fix so if you've already installed dual-boot, do it again.

Anyway this is all pretty exciting but I can't help think that using the EXT3 as the 2nd partition isn't that easy to use.
There's no easy way to access it for typical Win32 users.

Why not just have the entire thing FAT32? I know that you lose all the nice things about EXT3 but after all it IS a gaming/entertainment handheld, it's not going to be used for anything else really.

Despite this one problem, it's all pretty exciting. Linux boots in 5-6 seconds from power up. Granted, it's not probably loading anything much except the kernel but it's quick!

Why not just have the entire thing FAT32? I know that you lose all the nice things about EXT3 but after all it IS a gaming/entertainment handheld, it's not going to be used for anything else really.
You can use the FAT32 without problems. My SD card has a 128 MB EXT3 partition and a FAT32 one with the rest of the space, so you only need to make a dir named "sd" on /mnt and add the following lines to etc/rc.local:

CODE
mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd
/mnt/sd/autoexec.dge

This way you can edit the autoexec.dge to auto-launch programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back