• Double Hex

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • pinned Torx (* with a . in the middle) a hell to remove

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 21 13.2%

• Total voters

droneb

just to spend time until we all get our pandas Im not intending to change anything just to cope with the time
until we all get our pandas

also if the PP think they should change, shouldnt they hear the opinion at least?

BTW does the case have metalic inserts for the screw mounting?

I have a very shiny set of torx screws, and besides that they've always lasted the longest under repeated assembly/disassembly of electronics for me.

Actually when I take apart a device to fix it (like a DS)I take the screws to a Fastenall(good place to but screws in the US/Canada if you have one near you) and get what they have in either philips or if they have torx I usually go with them. So to me it doesn't matter, as long as I can get it apart once I'll replace the screws if I don't like them.

Gruso said:
As long as their thread is better than this one, I'm happy.
*golf claps* truly masterful word-play gruso =D rimshots all around!

for real tho, have we really reached this point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
in english? or even better en español?
i didnt get it at all

DroneB Dev said:
Gruso said:
i didnt get it at all
Threads on a screw is the spiral around it, the part that grips when you screw a screw in.

I also voted Torx.

Phillips is very common, but it strips if you look at it sideways.
Slotted just looks silly.

Torx aren't terribly hard to find, the Lowe's near my house has a set of 8 different Torx bits in a pocket screwdriver, and I wouldn't consider Lowe's to be a speciality store.

Don't use "special" screws like Nintendo does, ever. I think OP already knows this, but I'm re-irritating it. Especially for the target audience of the Pandora, it would just be an insult.

i prefer torx

i hate tri-wing, and phillips strips too easily

Slotted are an option in this poll? Did you really think anyone would want them? I guess if you're going for the steam punk look it would fit. In fact if they're slotted make them brass coloured.

second exodous said:
DroneB Dev said:
Gruso said:
i didnt get it at all
Threads on a screw is the spiral around it, the part that grips when you screw a screw in.
i know what a thread is, what i didnt understand is what is he talking bout "better than this one"
so if it goes for the thread thread pun then Nice one gruso if not, please enlighten me.

I vote tamperproof Torx, because people really shouldn't have open Pandoras

All joking aside, I prefer Philips because it's ubiquitous in the US, even though something like Pozidriv PZ would be better

I instantly face palmed when I saw this thread, but after thinking about it more it does have importance for those that are going to open their pandora often, with the issue of Phillips screws wearing out faster then anything. Though I guess that's more of a question on the quality of the screw material and screw driver ;)

DroneB Dev said:
i know what a thread is, what i didnt understand is what is he talking bout "better than this one"
so if it goes for the thread thread pun then Nice one gruso if not, please enlighten me.
Yes, just a pun. And a little dig at the poll. All in good fun. ^_^

MDave said:
I instantly face palmed when I saw this thread, but after thinking about it more it does have importance for those that are going to open their pandora often, with the issue of Phillips screws wearing out faster then anything. Though I guess that's more of a question on the quality of the screw material and screw driver ;)
Come to think of it, if you're planning to open your Pandora a lot, you could just make a note to replace the screws with Torx after you first take it apart.
But it would be better to ship with Torx, and assume that everybody who wants to take it apart can get the tools themselves.

second exodous said:
Slotted are an option in this poll? Did you really think anyone would want them? I guess if you're going for the steam punk look it would fit. In fact if they're slotted make them brass coloured.

Just wondering... what's wrong with slot-screws? I personally like them because if I can't find a screwdriver, I can unscrew them with pretty much anything.

Back