Sd Card Failed In The Middle Of A Write...

lancelott

This is just one of my problems I've had with my SD card... So anyway, I was playing Warsong on DrMDx and wrote my state. Then it said something about failing to write. Great. I try to press any button trying to get out but it won't let me.

I turned my GP2X off then on. The SD card wasn't detected on boot. This happens fairly often now. I de-insert and insert my card like 5 or so times and it FINALLY detects it. My data seems to be fine.

What's going on? My SD card is an Adata 150x 2GB partitioned with 1GB since my card reader only supports that much.

This is just one of my problems I've had with my SD card...

If you've had a lot of problems, perhaps the card itself is bad. The SD driver on the GP2X is pretty shitty, but you never know. I'd back all the data up, reformat the card (FAT32) and see if that improves things. Or run Scandisk on it, perhaps there are bad sectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, be careful with that card. If the data gets corrupted there is a chance that you can brick your GP2X on boot-up (if it trys to load a FW that isn't there). I think a few people bricked their units with corrupted cards. Not saying this will defintely happen, just making you aware of the problem. ;)

I wiped the connectors down with water and reformatted under Linux and ran a fsck.msdos, so hopefully it'll be be a bit more usable now... It was detected the first time I tried it in my GP2X, and hopefully that will continue in the future...

If you have any more problems with it you should be able to send it back to where u bought it from as the cards usually come with a 5 year guarantee.

If you have any more problems with it you should be able to send it back to where u bought it from as the cards usually come with a 5 year guarantee.
My Adata has a lifetime warranty. I don't have the packaging or anything anymore so I'll hope they let me return the card as-is for a new one if I need to do so.

I wiped the connectors down with water and reformatted under Linux and ran a fsck.msdos, so hopefully it'll be be a bit more usable now... It was detected the first time I tried it in my GP2X, and hopefully that will continue in the future...

Water!! :ph34r:

Hmm. I am still having these problems. Is there any way I can fix this indefinitely? I'm starting to think it's a problem with the SD card itself...

BTW, here are some examples of what's happening:

-If I play a Genesis ROM for a while, let's say Warsong, and save, sometimes it will freeze when saving the SRAM or even a save state.
-When playing Rondo of Blood, sometimes save stating does not even work and just goes back to the game very quickly.
-When playing Rondo of Blood, I cannot get to the next stage at times.
-Card is not detected at all in PC or GP2X randomly.

I can't return it as far as I know. I don't have the packaging still and Adata says to return it to the store I bought it from...that being Ebay. So I highly doubt I'd be able to do it.

If its a 5 years guarantee you should be able to return it to Adata as that is when the retailer would do if you returned it to them. They can't expect you to keep the details of the person you got it off on ebay or a store for 5 years.

Well when I emailed them via the support page about my problems requesting tech support or an exchange they sent me this:

SERVICE@adata.com.tw
to me
More options Jan 26 (2 days ago)

親愛的客戶,您好:

有關您此次反應的問題,威剛科技感同身受,同時我們也儘速在最
短的時間內為您提供服務,以減少對您的困擾。針對這次的服務,請不
吝惠予本公司任何的意見,您的鼓勵是支持我們持續提供更好的服務的
動力,您的建議也是提供我們改善服務、提升服務水準的方向。

Dear Customer,

A-DATA online customer service is set up to provide more efficient and
effective service. It’s a channel for customers to get quick response or
give suggestions.
We welcome any of your opinion according to our reply to your inquiry, and
A-DATA will do our best for your satisfaction.

如需針對本案件提供回覆,請點選下面連結!
If you want to give any further information or give any opinion, please
click on the link below.!
http://ap5.adata.com.tw/DMZ/CSFdBk4C.nsf/h...CustName=Julien
Gage

受理編號 Inquiry Number:CS06010942

處理狀況 Inquiry Response:
Dear Julien,

Thanks for your support of A-DATA product.

First test format the SD card on card reader that could support 2GB. Then
to see it's working properly on your device. If this couldn’t solve your
problem, please go back to the store where you bought it for replacement.

Regards,

Any way, I blew out my SD slot and it's been working for a few hours so far. Hopefully it will work for a while.

Back