Sd Card Problems

fev

Still Fresh
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me.

I have a 2gb sd card which i have formatted in fat32, I then transfer files onto the card from my mac (all goes fine), then i put the card in my gp and there's nothing there. I then put the card back in the computer and the mac only now sees it as a 1gb and the pc says it isn't formatted!

Anyone had a similar problem and found an answer?

Cheers,
Phil :blink:

Yep, the pc will allow me to reformat @ 1.92 Gb and the mac can see it again. I transfer the files, eject the disk but the gp see's nothing. I have done this whole process 6 times this afternoon and it's really starting to p155 me off!

fev said:
cheers miika, only prob is, i'm on a mac
Oh, yeah, well. Try to find a program or method to wipe the SD card completely, or try formatting on another PC just for testings sake?
What brand is your SD?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible that the 2x doesn't understand the card and is just corrupting it. What brand is it, and does it have a number inside a small circle?

I think your card reader might be at fault. I would try a different one before you give up.

Cheers guys, I have transfered a small no. of files over and it seems ok, I'll try a new reader tis weekend and see if that helps.

Back