GP2X Sd Card Serial Number How To Read?

Serial numbers with regards to CPRM?

The official way is to pay between $2,000 and $4,500 USD per year to www.sdcard.org and they'll give you the information once they have vetted you.

There may be an unofficial way in the form of leaked source code, but considering that such information is under strict NDA, don't expect it to be found easily.

However, you may find that someone has sniffed a SD card and found the relevant commands.

It may be possible to find a unique number in the information blocks at the start of a card.

An alternative (and much easier) method would be to simply read the serial number Windows puts on the disk when it's formatted, but this can be easily changed and copied to other cards.

Squidge posted on Oct 13 2006 at 07:14 PM said:
Serial numbers with regards to CPRM?

The official way is to pay between $2,000 and $4,500 USD per year to www.sdcard.org and they'll give you the information once they have vetted you.

There may be an unofficial way in the form of leaked source code, but considering that such information is under strict NDA, don't expect it to be found easily.

However, you may find that someone has sniffed a SD card and found the relevant commands.

It may be possible to find a unique number in the information blocks at the start of a card.

An alternative (and much easier) method would be to simply read the serial number Windows puts on the disk when it's formatted, but this can be easily changed and copied to other cards.

Oh :( ok thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was an easier way to do it but I guess not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we're all talking about the same things. SD cards have a serial number which can be accessed very simply (sdk2x does it since last year).

Have a look at sdk2x, it's HH code but could be made to run in GP2X-Linux pretty easily.

As for the CPRM stuff that Squidge is talking about, that's a different matter and as Squidge says it's much harder to get access to.

Robster posted on Oct 14 2006 at 01:29 AM said:
I don't think we're all talking about the same things. SD cards have a serial number which can be accessed very simply (sdk2x does it since last year).

Have a look at sdk2x, it's HH code but could be made to run in GP2X-Linux pretty easily.

As for the CPRM stuff that Squidge is talking about, that's a different matter and as Squidge says it's much harder to get access to.

Thanks I will give it a look now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back