SD Cards detectet only after md raid autodetect(Custom Kernel)

lukey

Rare Species
Hello!
I built my Custom Linux Kernel (3.2.69) with the config from /proc/config.gz and some small changes (like md, and boot time raid autodetect). When I boot it, the two raid Partitions from the SD Cards don't get detected, and i think its because the SD Cards are detected after the raid autodetect:
DSC_0003.jpg
Is there a way to delay the raid autodetect? Or another trick to get it to work?
Also when I specify the md raid in the boot parameters(md=0,/dev/mmcblk0p2,/dev/mmcblk1p2) it complains about "unknown device: mmcblk0p2" and i also think its because the problem of above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure, but I'd suggest you look in /etc/rc*.d (probably rc5.d).  If you can identify the right init scripts, IIRC you can reorder them by renaming them to have different numbers in their names (though I don't have a linux machine booted currently that uses init scripts at the moment, so I can't check).

Not sure, but I'd suggest you look in /etc/rc*.d (probably rc5.d).  If you can identify the right init scripts, IIRC you can reorder them by renaming them to have different numbers in their names (though I don't have a linux machine booted currently that uses init scripts at the moment, so I can't check).

All this happens before init is started(I want to mount the raid 1 as root).

What is the flag of the partitions ?

Its 0xfd "Linux Raid autodetect". Also when  I boot with md=0,/dev/mmcblk0p2,/dev/mmcblk1p2 It still doesn't work.Superblock is version 0.9

Back