Sdhc Class 10

GizmoAgent

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

Just been researching SD cards for my soon to be delivered Pandora. (Yes I'm an optimist)

I thought I'd post here that if you're thinking of getting a Class 10 SD card you need to read the small print.
Most of the cheap Class 10 SDHC cards only get that speed with SD 3.0 which, from my reading, is the new SDXC spec.
So if you want get the >20MB/s speeds until the Pandora support SDXC, which from other threads is later if ever.

The only one I've found so far seems to be the new SanDisk Extreme range.

Just thought I'd put this here for reference and/or comment if people think/know I'm wrong.

Thanks

Class 10 is a waste. I think the Pandora has the read/write speed if a class 6.
Someone will pop in a correct me, biut I'm sure it has class 6 speeds. 10 is a waste.

kingoddball said:
Class 10 is a waste. I think the Pandora has the read/write speed if a class 6.
Someone will pop in a correct me, biut I'm sure it has class 6 speeds. 10 is a waste.
MWeston has hit speeds of 15 or so MB/s, if I recall correctly. That's easily in excess of the Class 10 speeds. Remember, the class only tells the minimum write speed. If the card can do more, the Pandora can push it. It has a theoretical max of 24MB/s (that's the clock speed, not possible to do more) so 15MB/s seems a reasonable real top speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
GizmoAgent said:
Hi All,

Just been researching SD cards for my soon to be delivered Pandora. (Yes I'm an optimist)

I thought I'd post here that if you're thinking of getting a Class 10 SD card you need to read the small print.
Most of the cheap Class 10 SDHC cards only get that speed with SD 3.0 which, from my reading, is the new SDXC spec.
So if you want get the >20MB/s speeds until the Pandora support SDXC, which from other threads is later if ever.

The only one I've found so far seems to be the new SanDisk Extreme range.

Just thought I'd put this here for reference and/or comment if people think/know I'm wrong.

Thanks
Panasonic sell a class 10 not cheap but quality.

A friend suggested me a shop in UK http://www.mymemory.co.uk/
I bought a 16GB SDHC Class 6 SD card from this shop and all went fine...hope the card work nice also with my Pandora (but have no real doubt about it :) )
Nice shop btw ...and they sell FREESHIPPING !!

I found a "16GB SanDisk Extreme III 30 MB/s Class 10". Why are you so sure that Pandora won't pull 30 MB/sec ? Anybody has tested that? I wish there was a 32 GB available. But I see that there is a "32GB Kingston High Capacity Class 6 Ultimate 20 MB/s", now I'm torn between the two.

cosurgi said:
I found a "16GB SanDisk Extreme III 30 MB/s Class 10". Why are you so sure that Pandora won't pull 30 MB/sec ? Anybody has tested that? I wish there was a 32 GB available. But I see that there is a "32GB Kingston High Capacity Class 6 Ultimate 20 MB/s", now I'm torn between the two.
WizStan already said that above 24 MB /s is too fast for the clock. And anything above 15 is faster than it's ever been tested.

Prometheus said:
Have you tested the card with H2Testw, to be sure it really is 16GB? :)

Yes just tested...15318 MByte (Fat formatted).
Thank you !!

rabidpoobear said:
Can I use FREESHIPPING at other shops as well? Or is it only for their shop?
Stupid vendor lock-in...

I don't know... B)

Back