SDIO wi-fi 802.11N - does it exist? (also general sdio thread)

j0e

Looking for a SDIO wi-fi card to replace the pandora's less-than-stellar built-in wi-fi module, I can only seem to find SDIO cards offering 802.11 a / b / g wifi. I'd like N wi-fi if it's possible, but the only links I find if I search for "sdio 802.11n" are driver pages for non-existent generically named tech, or press releases for what look like SDIO interfaces for motherboards or something. Can anyone else chime in on this?

Have you tried the last SZ update ? Some months ago the wifi driver was fixed by Notaz and many noticed the improvement

1.72? I'm on that right now and get an average of about 0.5 - 30 kB/sec, and that's the 10% of the time when it's not 0B/s for whatever reason (checked with Pandora System Info)...

yeah the firmware update wasn't a cure all. 

About SDIO wifi cards, I'm not entirely sure how many are supported, may just need to compile your own driver and such. There may be other complications as well, like an option that wasn't compiled into the kernel... There may have been another person here that tried it out if I recall, but you are pretty much treading new waters here.

that's bad, mine after the patch went stable to ~300kB/sec without disconnecting anymore from the router... there was also another issue reported by some, the antenna was covered in the wrong way by something inside the case, I can't find the threads now, but in that case the solution was to move away a little the covering thing...

Back