Sdl Double Buffer Without Sdl_flip()

JyCet

Website
Visit site
Hi all,

Does someone know how to use double buffer with SDL but WITHOUT sdl_flip() ?
Because SDL_flip() use lcd refresh and with the lcd setting on each GP2X you can have 45fps to 85fps
:huh:

I want to use double buffer to have the most stable display.

Thnak in advance.

I don't have a solution, but I have a comment. To my knowledge the GP2X's LCD is capable of up to 112 FPS. The amount of vsynced FPS is correlated to how far to the left the LCD adjuster bar is. I keep it all the way to the left, and everyone should, first of all because a higher refresh rate is much better for your eyes than a bright flickery mess, and secondly because a lot of games benefit from it :)

- Alex

SDL_Flip flips between the two buffers. If you don't want to use SDL_Flip then you have to use a single buffer. If the frame refresh is bothering you, you can try adding SDL_ASYNCBLIT in to the init flags, but this might cause flickering and will probably slow down the program a bit.

The pb with the single buffer is the flickering of all sprite :-(
How all emus synchronise their buffer @ 60Hz if everybody have a different lcd setting ?

I think they wait until the frame has took the proper amount of time if it hasn't took long enough. Least, thats what i do.

Back