Searching FM Radio app for Pandora

jottt

Anyone any hint? Is there something already available?

I only found 3 Desktop products for that task: Mplayer, kradio and gnomeradio. has anyone tried to port them already?

The PND of SMplayer2 has some settings for radio channels, but I have no Idea how to set up anything. It lacks basically everything so I am not sure if FM support is really part of that PND.

jottt

RadioTray only does Streaming Radios (or am I wrong with that assumption?) I'm looking for something to use an FM radio USB-Stick.

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
I'm looking for something to use an FM radio USB-Stick.

Does it follow any kind of standard, or are driver support issues going to come up?

Last edited by a moderator:

sukhi2011

I'm sure you can use windows fm radio usb stick and connect it to pandora that will be easier option if that will work.

jottt

@ Lylat

I'm not quite sure either what you mean, but I if I delete "windows" from your sentence, thats probably exactly what I try to accomplish.

I have an ADS InstantFM Music USB FM-Radio Adapter with an si470x. It is fully detected (it seems) by the kernel. I'm just lacking a program to actually use it (comfortably). Aditionally the provided mplayer (console) was compiled without the FM-radio-option.

EDIT: I tried to see what happels if I build gnomeradio myself, but....angstrom repository seems to be seriously broken and down and getting everything for a buildsystem from source is rather tedious if you dont have a repo.... -.-

I lost the fun, when configuring pkg-config failed because it lacked "pkg-config" (Reminds me of a typical windows error).

Anyone out there that is able to quickly try and build either gnomeradio or kradio, whatever has less dependencies ;) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
Have you tried mplayer? I know on the desktop it can open any v4l compatible device, including radio tuners. At least in theory, I've never actually tried a radio tuner, but the documentation says it can.

jottt

Yes I tried both, the one from the codec pack and the mplayer2 from the smplayer package. Both lack the radio configure flags that are neccessary to support the radio stuff.

I did not try to build it myself.