Second reality

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
OMG, guys, I just lauched second reality in dosbox @ 900 Mhz. It totally rocks! 'first presented at assembly 93', 'dolby surround' :) love the music. Sometimes a little lagging. But generally same experience as 18 years ago. The plasma-colors chapter are lagging more than the rest. Sound got a little behind the chapters.

Also Warlords-1 and 2 work nice, UFO, secret of money island 1, stunts (quite good!), mtv are working.

I noticed that I cannot type : ? ( ) in dosbox prompt. But many other Fn keys are working. Strange. When I move mouse with nubs and then click with L button, then suddenly mouse gets displaced to some other position. Annoying. Actually it's impossible to play mtv due to broken mouse. Looks like dosbox isn't aware of stylus/nubs, but tries to calculate some acceleration/displacement of pointer and move based on that. But in warlords-2 mouse is working, wonder why.

But second reality - awesome.

Awesome, finally I can view it in color..

T5200_100_second.jpg

eh just showing off my Pimping 386 laptop with Red Monocrome plasma display. with a Soundblaster 2.0 and network card (has an 8-bit and 16-bit ISA slots), 8 Megs of Ram, 100 Meg harddrive.. has windows 95 on it.. not bad for a laptop made in 1989.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello,

cosurgi you're the man !

is it possible to have a video of seond reality ?? that would be awesome.

Kisses

Mac

I noticed that I cannot type : ? ( ) in dosbox prompt. But many other Fn keys are working. Strange.
I also noticed this. It's a bit of a problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: just found a solution here.

I noticed that I cannot type : ? ( ) in dosbox prompt. But many other Fn keys are working. Strange.
Thanks, at least a temporary solution.

OK, I will try to make a video of second reality, but I must wait for the camera to charge. I have no idea if it will look good (in terms of camera quality).

Also - something bad happened, I cannot overclock anymore to 900MHz. Whole past week it worked, today, right after I click "ok" it just hangs :/

Thanks, at least a temporary solution.

OK, I will try to make a video of second reality, but I must wait for the camera to charge. I have no idea if it will look good (in terms of camera quality).

Also - something bad happened, I cannot overclock anymore to 900MHz. Whole past week it worked, today, right after I click "ok" it just hangs :/

Mine has hung at 900mhz ever since I got it.

Ok, here's a video for you:

http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/~janek/pan/secrelwar.avi

uploading to youtube is crazy slow, so I'll give you a direct link first. And when upload to youtube is ready I'll give you also a youtube link.

This video is made @ 605MHz, and it is worse than @900MHz that I seen yesterday.Curiously after making this video I was able to overclock again to 900Mhz, and so far it works. That hanging was temporary I hope. I'll try system shock 1 soon.

cosurgi, thank you very much, in fact it's better that you didn't overclock too much, so i can see how well dosbox runs without it...

200 megs video on my shitty connection, that will take a while, glad i have to go out right now ;)

i'll give a feedback later

Big kisses

Mac

Known bug, which I gather is due to be fixed soon. To fix it for now, I think you have to drop the battery out for about ten minutes.

Mine has hung at 900mhz ever since I got it.
Yours probably can't do 900MHz. :p

Known bug, which I gather is due to be fixed soon. To fix it for now, I think you have to drop the battery out for about ten minutes.

hey! That must be why it works now. I took battery out and it worked afterwards. I just took it out suspecting that this may help :D

For those who have tried DosBox on your Panda what is the max cycles. I have Epic's Extreme Pinball ans while it runs at 3000 is seems to be pretty much perfect at 4000. I think the limit was around 3000, so please let me know what the max cycles you can do is so I can continue testing games properly. Thanks in advance for anyone who answers. (I only ask because I'm sure overclocking gets a few more cycles but I have yet to hear any concrete numbers.)

hello,

great video,

it's working good in some parts of the demo, and lagging a bit in others, strange for the plasma part, i would have though it wasn't the most procesor intensive one .. dunno :/

all in all, it's promising for dosbox ! i'm looking forward to test it !

in what language is that baby girl babbling ? ;)

Kisses

Mac

hello,

great video,

it's working good in some parts of the demo, and lagging a bit in others, strange for the plasma part, i would have though it wasn't the most procesor intensive one .. dunno :/

all in all, it's promising for dosbox ! i'm looking forward to test it !

in what language is that baby girl babbling ? ;)

Kisses

Mac
Dosbox defaults to 100% speed. I'm not sure how many cycles is that.

the plasma part was very smooth on old PC, I think that it's not very CPU intensive, but rather it is using instructions that are not optimally emulated in dosbox. Something very specific. That's my guess.

The language is polish :)

yeah, you're surely right, perhaps it uses some strange tricks not well implemented..

big kiss to the little girl (i cannot resist baby girls, they can make me do pretty much anything :) )

Mac

Back