Secret Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad78

Website
Visit site
Okay - I understand there needs to be moderation. But someone is removing complete posts now - without any kind of notication that the posts are being removed. No *Post removed by So-and-so* no sign that the posts were ever there - *and* there's no PMs to the people whose posts are bing removed.

I've read the rules - you are supposed to talk to the mods directly if you have a problem - the only problem is, since the mod or mods responsible are doing this without taking credit for his/her/their actions - I can't do so.

Whole posts, parts of posts, entire convesations, line-by-line veto - all being removed without a word or a signature.

Not cool - not open - not honest. Please take credit when you alter someone else's words.

LOL... I <3 DCGM ...

Chad's got a point though. Normally posts are deleted without notice, too. Noone said that this is a totally democratic forum. Sometimes mods need to be harsh with extremely obnoxious trolls and idiots but I don't really see how that applies to chad. He might have annoyed some people and is probably not in many people's favour but he doesn't randomly blabber bullcrap just to piss people off. In fact some of his posts are interesting and helpful.

Try PMing Hando if you've got a problem with any of the mods. He's teh big cheeeeeeeeeeeese and is pretty cool :p. I (and others on the forum) have PMd him in the past about mods and he usually deals with the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie said:
How long before this goes?

It already got removed from the forum that I put it in - without a redirect link - without a PM. I'm pissed off now.

But then again, maybe chad is the new sam fisher. Holy shit! Maybe it is him! No, can't be not enough stolen from wikipedia bollocks.

xnopasaranx said:
But then again, maybe chad is the new sam fisher. Holy shit! Maybe it is him!
Nah, Sam Fisher is still banned. He has been taunted a few times by one moderator to try and provoke a response to give them an excuse to keep the ban going, but still no sign of a potential unbanning.

PlopperZ said:
I change my stance.
Whoevers doing this (I assume Squidge) keep going!
LOL! I used to side with Chad, but he's gotten so ridiculous I have to distance myself from him. If the Pandora's delayed again, the bright side will be that Chad won't get a Pandora at all. That is, if he keeps his promise (threat?) and then gets a Nokia.

chad78 said:
It already got removed from the forum that I put it in - without a redirect link - without a PM. I'm pissed off now.
How did this topic have anything whatsoever to do with Pandora? Thats why it was moved to off-topic, because that's where it belongs.

Try a little moderation with your usual flamebaiting and name calling so they won't have to do it for you. We're guests and not only guests here but foreign guests and representing, we should all try to better the general yank impression left on these folks.

Respect the mods! They are upholding the law here in their free time. Without them chaos will raise sooner or later.
Perhaps they have not always the time, leisure or intention to explain every step they're doing.
Ask yourself instead if you followed the boardrules all the time. It's not a place here for your own entertainment only...

sbock said:
Respect the mods! They are upholding the law here in their free time. Without them chaos will raise sooner or later.
Perhaps they have not always the time, leisure or intention to explain every step they're doing.
Ask yourself instead if you followed the boardrules all the time. It's not a place here for your own entertainment only...
cart.jpg

Sorry, I am trolling a little myself now ^^. If only Telcolou were here to see this.

I don't suppose Chad would care to give us an example of something that has supposedly been thrown down the memory hole? I've no issue with mods removing patently offensive and flamebaiting posts (and Chad is certainly well known for both), but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. You shouldn't just "disappear" posts.
13093195400gq4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back