Sega Saturn Ports

sukhi-2006

I want to see some sega saturn games ported to gp2x asap, as we know saturn emulator can't be made on gp2x best way to see saturn games by porting them over to gp2x can anyone do it, here are the games i want to see:

*sonic 3d
*sonic r
*virtua fighter 1,2
*sega rally
*nights
*christmas nights
*fighters megamix

Hmm... now where do I start... :rolleyes:

OH, here we go... source code? ;)

Besides that, there are many other reasons to why these won't materialize. No point going into the details. :p

(BTW, is this a demand? :ph34r: )

sukhigp said:
I want to see some sega saturn games ported to gp2x asap, as we know saturn emulator can't be made on gp2x best way to see saturn games by porting them over to gp2x can anyone do it, here are the games i want to see:

*sonic 3d
*sonic r
*virtua fighter 1,2
*sega rally
*nights
*christmas nights
*fighters megamix
Ports require source code. Don't think it will be that easy to obtain the source for commercial games, especially those written for a very complex console like the saturn.

Last edited by a moderator:
sukhigp

You are really starting to become annoying and quite rude. This community does not owe you anything, You do not pay anything for the software that you use on your GP2x, So what gives you the right to demand ANYTHING. You seriously need to start thinking what you are posting BEFORE you click that submit button, As you are starting to give yourself a reputation you could probably do without.

Take this as a WARNING.

Seriously, Think before you click.

Trooper

sukhigp, are you really think it is possible?

it still needs to use pseudo-emulator of saturn.. and it is still MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. Because:

Saturn Hardware is wery, wery complicated. Much more than you think. Even the saturn power is wery near psx power. But to be honesty, maybe if somebody could port yabuse or something else on GP2X theres no way for emulator to play more than 0,5 FPS. Why? take a look at documentation and youll see that is almost mission impossible to dmake saturn emu on gp2x... even psp will never get good playable saturn emu.

BTW. do you know that saturn emulators for PC have bigger requirements than chankast [ a sega dreamcast emulator ]

sukhigp said:
I want to see some sega saturn games ported to gp2x asap,
Finally someone who tells them!
I'm still waiting for a Sharp MZ-800 emulator (see signature) for ages and no dev has come to the rescue. They are frikkin' lazy and we should ban them all!

Guys, I think he's on to something. If we can't emulate a platform we could just port its games instead! By changing the word he just might have made something previously impossible possible. Way to think outside the box, sukhigp. And with the assertiveness to actually see it through too - he realized that asking politely wasn't actually producing any results. Bravo.

... even I can't sustain this level of sarcasm >_<

Exophase said:
If we can't emulate a platform we could just port
Thats the point :D. sukhigp you could rip some gfx and music from these games and make something similiar that sega made a 10 years ago with VF2 from saturn to megadrive.... :D

We have GLBASIC :D / We have MS Paint :D x2 / We have all that we need to code good pseudo-port. So... sukhigp ready to porting ?

From SEGA SATURN

virtuafighter21.jpg

xVirtua_Fighter_2.jpg

To SEGA MEGADRIVE

virtua_fighter_2.gif

1925.jpg

GLBasic competition is still open, you know...

This is a good idea. I've started work on porting Sega Rally but I must say it won't be too quick. Don't expect to see any results until at least next week. Once I am done with Sega Rally, I'll probably port Christmas Nights.

sukhigp said:

*sonic 3d
*sonic r
*virtua fighter 1,2
*sega rally
*nights
*christmas nights
*fighters megamix
Yes. Done, except Sega Rally due to some speed problems. You can download it here:

http://tnij.com/gp2xsegaports

thanks trainchaser!!!
Nights runs almost fullspeed! and you ripped all the 3d models and converted all that stuff for a software rendering too!

...ok, how about closing that thread now? ;)

btw Sonic 3D is also for megadrive

saturn
256px-Sonic_3d_saturn_diamond_dust_zone.jpg

megadrive
256px-Sonic_3d_mega_drive_diamond_dust_zone.jpg

and it's not that bad

blah blah demand blah blah sukihgp :gp2x asap...blah blah! blah blah :angry: blah blah :blink: blah blah now! :eek:

geise69 said:
blah blah demand blah blah sukihgp :gp2x asap...blah blah! blah blah :angry: blah blah :blink: blah blah now! :eek:
I find sukihgp highly entertaining, and probably reply to too many of the threads he features in. I'm still not sure if he's for real or not. It's possible he's an actual person, but that'd require an unlikely combination of incest and trans-species breeding (monkey, or possibly slightly retarded antelope).

You can communicate with him by ignoring all previous information on any given subject, along with punctuation, grammar, and common sense. Finish your post with a list composed of equal parts fanboy-ism, misguided opinion and good old bullshit, just to "prove" your point.

The suggestion that he might like to read the painstakingly created (for devs, ANY documentation tends to hurt at least a bit) manuals is absolutely forbidden, and any mention of them will be met with whatever the Internet equivalent of a blank stare is.

Back