Sega Saturn

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
Well most other consoles have a thread, why not the saturn?

Can someone explain how the saturn saves work? Does the saturn have internal memory or not?

The reason I ask this is because I recently replaced the battery in my saturn but the saves still arnt staying after a power off, is it fooked?

Sounds like it, my saturn saves into the eternal memory no problem, maybe a dud battery.

Lucky for me I have an extrernal memory card (offical sega one too....quite rare!)

Twimfy posted on Jul 3 2004 at 02:04 PM said:
Sounds like it, my saturn saves into the eternal memory no problem, maybe a dud battery.

Lucky for me I have an extrernal memory card (offical sega one too....quite rare!)
I've got an official too and an action replay which can be used as memory card too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill have to pick up the external one, I saw one on ebay go for a tenner, it seemed an ok price cause GAME used to sell them at that price. Do you play back ups on yours?

I use the swap trick because I cant mod mine (64pin IC), its quite easy to do, contray to what people say.

Can the action replay be used as memory? I thought you could only back up ram to it.

finty101 posted on Jul 4 2004 at 06:39 PM said:
Phil posted on Jul 4 2004 at 06:36 PM said:
finty101 posted on Jul 4 2004 at 05:55 PM said:
Japanese are so unknowingly funny.
They probably know about this one, its probably some hentai squid loveing alien raping tubgirl dating sim. Crazy Japs.
translated english dating sims are hilarious, for all the wrong reasons.

Deleted User posted on Jul 4 2004 at 07:33 PM said:
I wanna saturn... and guardian heoes..... *cries*
HAHA! I have both! In your face you gp32 owning pansey!

I want a gp32... *cries*

I have a white jap saturn with round buttons(is that version 2?) and a pal black 1 with round buttons. and i have Megaman X3 Pal in almost 100% mint condition( i would give it 97%). as fer backed up games, i bought sum from the phillipines and was sure they were pirated and they workde in my jap(they were jap games), but im not sure if it is modded coz i got it at a flea market for 5 bucks with clockwork knight. :D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i got Megaman X3 pal HAHAHHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: (it only cost me $80 :ph34r: )

EDIT: i also have daytona usa pal, just cd, clockwork knight jap, just cd, cotton 2 pirated just cd, Taito Chase HQ and Special Criminal Investigation on 1 cd, jap, pirated. and sum game called hakaider or sum shit jap pirated(cant find it though)

Round buttons are almost guarented(sp) to be Version 2. Who ever gave you a jap saturn for $5 is an idiot.

yes he is! he said it was cheap because it came with only 2 broken unofficail controls and a game, and was untested coz he didnt have a power cord or a av or rf cord. he still should have tested to se if it powers up using a normal figure 8 lead thogh. it was also sitting on the ground in the sunlight for a couple fo hours. he should of at least put it under cover, the stupid knob <_< . the console was pretty dirty too.

can you do a disc swap on saturn
if not where is a good place i could get a mod chip for it
they are so cheap now i might get one just to have

Anybody know the name of this game...i should've bought it off ebay a few years back but didn't.

it is a Jap game, its a racing game, but while your racing you have a female partner that does "favors" for you while your racing.

Anybody know this one???

I have a UK V2 and the swap trick is so easy its unbelievable! Mod Chips are VERY unreliable for the saturn, the only chance of half way guarente is if its a V2 32pin IC, which its impossible to tell if you dont open it up, which most people in ebay wont do.

I was unlucky and got a 64(2?)pin IC, but the swap trick is so easy, and you can patch all ISO's to EUR so they all work!

finty101 posted on Jul 5 2004 at 07:26 PM said:
I have a UK V2 and the swap trick is so easy its unbelievable! Mod Chips are VERY unreliable for the saturn, the only chance of half way guarente is if its a V2 32pin IC, which its impossible to tell if you dont open it up, which most people in ebay wont do.

I was unlucky and got a 64(2?)pin IC, but the swap trick is so easy, and you can patch all ISO's to EUR so they all work!
I must just be cack-handed then, took me 10mins each time i tried it!

I thought Saturns with the round buttons were all 64pin? Anyway mine works perfectly with the chip.

Back