Sg1000/sc3000 Emulation

alyinsanfran

Website
Visit site
I had a Sega SC3000 back in the day, loved it.

Park-o-Rama took care of SG/SC emulation on the GP32, but there seems to be no support for the GP2X.

Which is a shame, as it's a great wee system that predates the MS and has heaps of nice titles.

Anyone have any information on development or is it too obscure to hold dev's interest?

i am wiling to make an Sg1000/sc3000 Emulator for the :gp2x but i won't have muck time to code till lade in july :unsure:

I have never had any interest in japanese computers, mainly because of the language barrier. But every system that can be emulated on the gp2x is an addition. The sheer amount of coding art that has been put into our little friend is tremendous already. I think it would be cool.

xnopasaranx said:
I have never had any interest in japanese computers, mainly because of the language barrier. But every system that can be emulated on the gp2x is an addition. The sheer amount of coding art that has been put into our little friend is tremendous already. I think it would be cool.
Actually the Sega SC3000 was released in New Zealand and Australia, and was very popular.

I had one, and a bunch of cartidges, a colour plotter (!) and tape drive. They sold a bunch of neat peripherals.
It had a really top-flight basic cartridge with full layered sprite support.
There was even enough of a user base in New Zealand to support a proper magazine for a few years!

I wasn't even aware of the SG1000 console for quite a while, until I got into emulators.

I hope we do get support on the GP2X to match Park-o-rama for the GP32, as I gave my GP32 away when I got a 2X but I miss playing those old Sega titles.

It's kind of weird that DrMD doesn't support the SG/SC considering how otherwise complete (and awesome) it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that it would be a rather simple task to modify AlexKidd2x to support the SC-3000 and SG-1000... aren't both those systems very similar to the Master System (Hence the Japanese name "Mark III")?

--Zero

Back