Should I Buy The A320?

PPlayer

Still Fresh
Hi all. The Dingoo A320 looks sweet and I'm considering buying one. Love how small and cheap it is.

A few questions I have for those with A320's:

1) How's Sega Genesis / Megadrive emulation? My favorite games are Sonic 1, 2, and 3.

2) When you watch videos on this thing, is it slow, or is the frame rate good (~24 FPS)? What would I need to do to be able to watch a video on the A320? Do I need to resize it, compress it, etc? Most of my videos are AVIs in ~620x350 res.

3) Anyone buy from Ankaka.com before?

Also: anyone have a YouTube video they could share of them playing Sonic 1/2 or watching a video on the A320? Only reason I ask is because if Genesis emulation is poor or video quality/frame rate is poor, then I'd probably want to look elsewhere (Wiz, A330?)

Thanks!

If you are willing to install Dingux (not very complicated, you only need an Mini SD-card to do so), you can run Pico Drive, which works very well, the Sonics run fine on this emulator. If you want to use the built in Megadrive emulator, you will have to live with tearing issues.

Here is a video of Sonic on Picodrve running under Dingux.

As a movie player, the Dingoo is the best device I know, it plays many different codecs and the decoding is done in hardware, which means the speed is always great. You don't have to resize your movies, unless you want to save space on your Dingoo or your card, it will make no difference (exception, if you have HD video files). THe only drawback is, that the Dingoo doesn't support external subtitles, if you want to see them, you have to recode the movie with hardcoded subtitles.

I can compare it with the Caanoo and the video capabilities of the Dingoo (speed, number of supported formats) are much better.

dude, wait for the gemei a330. It's supposed to be the Dingoo's successor and it will likely come out this year.

@CKeichel: Thanks for the info. :)

@Infallible_Atheist: Sweet! Had no idea about the Gemei A330. I did see the Dingoo A330 but it looks like it'll be inferior to the A320, and more expensive at that.

Here's hoping that the Gemei A330 will be at least as good as the Dingoo A320 (and around the same price), support Dingux, and have a better built-in Sega Genesis emulator. And that it comes out soon. B)

there's a huge thread about it on dingoonity.com you might want to google it. It has all the up-to date info about it.

here's the thread: Gemei A330

Back