Sinclair Spectrum Book - 200 Games Featured

psj3809

Okay have to plug this as someone i know created this book.

If you are one of the 30 somethings who used to have a Sinclair Spectrum you will love this, total trip down memory lane...

http://www.zxgoldenyears.com/

A great trip down memory lane featuring classic Speccy games such as Commando, Bombjack, Manic Miner, Chuckie Egg and Jet Set Willy and manyyyyy more (about 200).

Even has a foreword by Sir Clive Sinclair.

The guy whos created this hasnt done it for profit (believe me hes minus quite a bit of money at the mo !) but its a great book for any old retro fans.

Can order it from amazon or direct from his website. Just received my one this morning and its a fantastic nostalgia trip.

If Match Day, Ant Attack, Hungry Horace etc mean anything to you then its well worth checking out this book.

Work is already being done on a Commodore 64 version (early early stages at the mo) but it could be a great set of books to have.

Thanks PSJ, I will get this straight away!

And then look forward to the C64 one! (although Spectrum was best!)

Good stuff fellas, glad you've ordered it.

Got mine this morning, cant stop reading it !! Now i'm getting greedy and thinking about all the other possible books which could be created !

Still missing many so good games (specially odd 48ks games, and later 128k ones) and should remove some ugly ones which certainly does not represent Speccy at all. But anyways, it's the author's point of view obviously and that's respectable :)

I'd like bigger screenshots btw, however the book seems nice. I'm considering to preorder it among the C64 one :)

Okay have to plug this as someone i know created this book.

If you are one of the 30 somethings who used to have a Sinclair Spectrum you will love this, total trip down memory lane...

http://www.zxgoldenyears.com/

A great trip down memory lane featuring classic Speccy games such as Commando, Bombjack, Manic Miner, Chuckie Egg and Jet Set Willy and manyyyyy more (about 200).

Even has a foreword by Sir Clive Sinclair.

The guy whos created this hasnt done it for profit (believe me hes minus quite a bit of money at the mo !) but its a great book for any old retro fans.

Can order it from amazon or direct from his website. Just received my one this morning and its a fantastic nostalgia trip.

If Match Day, Ant Attack, Hungry Horace etc mean anything to you then its well worth checking out this book.

Work is already being done on a Commodore 64 version (early early stages at the mo) but it could be a great set of books to have.
Is there a link to amazon? Im curious to see reviews on it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Still missing many so good games (specially odd 48ks games, and later 128k ones) and should remove some ugly ones which certainly does not represent Speccy at all. But anyways, it's the author's point of view obviously and that's respectable :)

I'd like bigger screenshots btw, however the book seems nice. I'm considering to preorder it among the C64 one :)

Yeah at first i was quite gutted some of my favourites werent in the book but if anything it made it more interesting, quite a few games there i havent tried before but will now.

Would love there to be a volume 2 though ! Interesting seeing his personal favourites over the years. Want to start on a similar book myself but would have to get printing costs much much cheaper

Well someones doing a C64 book at the moment, not sure how long that will take but its currently being created. Would love to see one of these for most of the formats out there!

Just ordered my copy, looks interesting :)

Maybe there should be one for the four big heldhelds of the time too - Lynx, Gamegear, Gameboy and pc engine gt B)

The amiga one would have to be about 68,000 pages long to cover everything good about the amiga, alas this would make the book about the height of a house and impossible to read.

Just ordered my copy, looks interesting :)

Maybe there should be one for the four big heldhelds of the time too - Lynx, Gamegear, Gameboy and pc engine gt B)
Hehe...big handhelds. What an understatement! :p
:lol: yeah, I had my lynx 1 out the other day, jesus its huge, and to think I used to carry it round school with me 15 years ago :lol: :lol:
yeah, I remember a couple years back when it arrived in the mail with my Lynx II. I saw the II and thought "damn this is giving the nomad a run for it's money". I then pulled out the Lynx I and I remember thinking "I could eat fucking dinner on this thing!" :lol:

Good times B)

"I could eat fucking dinner on this thing!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yay, my copy turned up this morning, its a great book, alot of games in there I have never played and i've had great fun today reading about them and then sticking on my 2x and playing them. Although I am now in trouble with my wife for doing bugger all today :blink:

Back