Skyrim on the Pandora via Remote Play + Video

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Hi maybe you renember the Slashtop Remoteplay Software for Android?

I played Playstation 2 on the Pandora with it via Remoteplay and there

where some Users who wanted to see SKYRIM ;)

Now with my new Graphic Card Radeon R7 is it possible to

use Skyrim in 800x600 via Remoteplay on the Pandora. ^_^

Unfortunaly this Video is a short Test with the Android PND

and sometime the Wlan Connection break a few Seconds :wacko:

This Video is only a Short Test via Remoteplay and i love

the Idea that Skyrim found a Way to the Open Pandora :D

I hope that some Porters port the Slashtop Opensource Linux Version for us:

(should work much mich better than the Android Version for us)

http://www.splashtop.com/opensource

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QvcqTKyQwtw?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, impressive stuff, I didn't knew there are mobile streaming tools that are working onto the Pandora. :) How is the input lag?

I already see an amazing headline: "SKYRIM PLAYS ONTO THE PANDORA!" If this is not selling, what else is? :D

It might be possible to get this java steam stream stuff running. I's called limelight or something and has an embedded client already running on the raspberry pi.

It uses x264 compression but might be playable with an sd resolution videostream.

Hey Ingo have you ever tried Aralon on the Pandora with android? Its a pretty good Skyrim type game and works very well on the Pandora even with mapped controls.

https://youtu.be/DRULsh4ZfOQ

Wow, impressive stuff, I didn't knew there are mobile streaming tools that are working onto the Pandora. :) How is the input lag?

I already see an amazing headline: "SKYRIM PLAYS ONTO THE PANDORA!" If this is not selling, what else is? :D
Thx i this when we have a native Version will be much more playable and dont forget that Splashtop can use the Pandora Keys,Dpad,Shoulder Buttons and and ^_^

It might be possible to get this java steam stream stuff running. I's called limelight or something and has an embedded client already running on the raspberry pi.

It uses x264 compression but might be playable with an sd resolution videostream.
Nice to hear,many of us would be glad to play their PC Games not only on PC ;)

Example:

I played Yugi the Destiny (Windows Yugi Oh PC Game) flawlessly on my Pandora with Splashtop ^_^

Hey Ingo have you ever tried Aralon on the Pandora with android? Its a pretty good Skyrim type game and works very well on the Pandora even with mapped controls.

Wow look nice that Game,thx for the Information ;)

Try Ravensword: Shadowlands as well.

FhZ7Zqm.jpg

Don't for get about the game that everyone calls TES of Android...Ravensword: Shadowlands

[img=

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/FhZ7Zqm.jpgp"]http://i.imgur.com/FhZ7Zqm.jpgp[/URL]
skeleton610.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

6492513_orig.png

70322.jpg

Seeing Skyrim being remotely played on the pandora is pretty darn cool, but what I really want is Morrowind on the pandora. Could OpenMW be ported to the pandora? I've seen a lot of posts asking about this a long time ago, and the answer seemed to be no because it used Ogre3D for the rendering. However, just recently the openmw team started switching over to OpenSceneGraph, which is apparently a whole lot more efficient. Looking at the website page, it says it supports opengl es 2.0, so maybe the pandora might be able to run it. I know that OpenMW isn't finished, but its getting pretty darn close.

SoulFire9001

After messing around with Kainy for a bit, it seems to be faster than splashtop. The demo version will have sound disabled and image quality in "light blue". I haven't messed around with it on my pandora yet, nor with touchscreen/pandora controls.
This Quote from Youtube give maybe more Speed.

Will try this Kainy out next Days ^_^

Seeing Skyrim being remotely played on the pandora is pretty darn cool, but what I really want is Morrowind on the pandora. Could OpenMW be ported to the pandora? I've seen a lot of posts asking about this a long time ago, and the answer seemed to be no because it used Ogre3D for the rendering. However, just recently the openmw team started switching over to OpenSceneGraph, which is apparently a whole lot more efficient. Looking at the website page, it says it supports opengl es 2.0, so maybe the pandora might be able to run it. I know that OpenMW isn't finished, but its getting pretty darn close.
OpenSceneGraph, I have a build using glshim that runs  fine (at least the demos), and FlightGear boots (but seems a bit slow).

Ogre3D I finaly hhave a semi working build with glshim, but it seems to be somehow stable only with SGX 4.10 driver?

One day, I'll try OpenMW, et if there are switching to OSG, it will probably be even easier.

I have checked the github, and it seems it's only OGRE3D for now. And it's version 1.9 minimum (I had compiled the 1.8). Android support come from the GLES2 driver from OGRE3D (that was a quick analysis of the CMakeList.txt).

I have checked the github, and it seems it's only OGRE3D for now. And it's version 1.9 minimum (I had compiled the 1.8). Android support come from the GLES2 driver from OGRE3D (that was a quick analysis of the CMakeList.txt).
Since OGRE is only semi-working, is it not worth it to try and compile 1.9+? It looks like there are a number of projects that require it, such as OpenDungeons.

Sorry if you answered this somewhere else already, but what advantages do you get from running OGRE with GLshim vs the GLES 1.1 port that Cloudef compiled a few years back? Is there a significant performance gain, but a sacrifice in compatibility with the older drivers?

Well, I have used the build of Ogre3D using glshim with Stunt Rally and OGS-Mahjong. While Stunt Rally is not really working for now (and will probably be too slow on pandora anyway), OGS-Mahjong works pretty well, but only with Gigahertz + 4.10 SGX driver.

So I didn't released it yet.

I had, previously, a build of Ogre with both GLES1.1 & GLES2 drivers working. But I never succeeded to have anything working with it. Ogre is flexible anyway, you can have GLES2 driver and GL compiled without problem (it's not possible with Irrlicht for example).

OGS-Mahjong require 1.8 version of Ogre, there are many compilation issue with 1.9. So, once I found a way to stabilise this game and published it, I may upgrade, but not before.

Thanks for the info. Do the demos run more stably than the games? I remember them running pretty well with the GLES1.1 & GLES2 drivers.

Thanks for the info. Do the demos run more stably than the games? I remember them running pretty well with the GLES1.1 & GLES2 drivers.
I didn't compile the demos this time (to save time & codeblocks space), so I don't know. But yeah, the demos were running well with GLES drivers.

Back