Slowed down again?

Timstertoo

Is it me or has the rate of Pandoras being shipped slowed down immensely again?

I've stopped taking my Pandora care pills for a bit so I'm not too worried but I can't see batch1 finishing anytime soon at this rate.

I thought 300-500 boards per week were being sent since there was a new guy at cc but if that's still true either batch1 should be well behind us or OPT would be high fiving all day long because of all the premiums they are selling.

Febraury 2010 is my order date and if I try to do the math with some guesstimates, as no one including OPT seems to know where we are really at, I can't see mine arriving before the end of June(ish).

So no whine or rant, more off a check if my gut feeling is right. <3

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but I thought the plan was, when the new cc guy showed up, to have batch1 finished beginning of April.

Somehow I don't have the feeling that over 3k boards have been delivered since february unless Craig has lots stockpiled. But that can't be as the premium units are sold so that the rest would get their units faster.

Anyhoo, I go on holiday in August, it would be nice to take it with me so still some time left for that.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

theyve been shipping steadily, even the tvout cabled were finished around the end of march

We shipped 75 yesterday! You can see from all the new posts on the board that a lot of people are receiving units every day.

We shipped 75 yesterday! You can see from all the new posts on the board that a lot of people are receiving units every day.

Yeah those posts are great to see. And the ones from people who say it's well worth the wait make me even happier! :)

Hopefully the board production can get up to such a speed that you can get loads of them out there.

When the queue is cleared it will be cleared with such silence it will almost be disappointing as the 'where is my Pandora' threads get more and more quiet. It's already starting to happen now.

But then we actually get to promote the Pandora everywhere which will allow the fun to begin again!

Well, I'm starting to get a bit worried, as I ordered some hours earlier than Klaus Kinski, and he received his shipping mail on April 27.

Let's hope there are no problems with my order and my mail arrives soon.

To reiterate...if anything - more than ever before Pandora has been shipping at a steady, consistent rate.

That doesn't really say anything. If OPT sends out 2 a week every week that would make above still true but not a very good sign for the project.

On the other hand an inconsistent 2k to 5k sent a week would be great news.

But then we actually get to promote the Pandora everywhere which will allow the fun to begin again!
That will be great, i'm sure all future customers will have a lot of fun waiting for another two months again. On behalf of future buyers i beg you to pile enough units on stock before doing promotion. It will be sad if you can't satisfy the big run as promoted. The most annoying fact of the pandora is it's unreliable production time (preorder point of view).

That will be great, i'm sure all future customers will have a lot of fun waiting for another two months again. On behalf of future buyers i beg you to pile enough units on stock before doing promotion. It will be sad if you can't satisfy the big run as promoted. The most annoying fact of the pandora is it's unreliable production time (preorder point of view).

Well every 7 day order has been shipped within the 7 days, the speed of those orders is fine. We can work at that pace nicely, even a bit faster.

I recently inquired about my 2year + order and I was told my queue number is 1900-2000 and I was offered to upgrade for $170 for deliver in 1 week.

Considering how many are shipping and have shipped. I should receive my email soon .. hope so unless people are picked out of a hat for delivery :)

What concerns me is why was I offered an upgrade when supposedly my delivery should be very close... :(

Unless its just the policy now to offer an upgrade to every one...

I paid $450 total with next day shipping and tv out cables etc all paid for..

What concerns me is why was I offered an upgrade when supposedly my delivery should be very close... :(

Unless its just the policy now to offer an upgrade to every one...
Why wouldn't they? Up-selling is a very common practice used by most companies in an effort to drive up revenues and profits and as OPT will be barely breaking even (if not loosing money) on every pre-order, it's common sense for them to try and get as many people converted to Premium as possible.

"Would you like fries with that?" or "Is that a large?" must be spoken millions of times a day.

how about a subscription to GameInformer with your purchase? we also offer an extended warranty for the LOW LOW price of $79.99

OpenPandora Ltd. doesn't actually offer any magazine subscriptions, extended warranties, or upgrades to a large or supersized order of fries or drinks. Subject to change without notice.

Back