SMC not insertet?

Ringo

Website
Visit site
OK... I flashed my bios and installed multifw on my gp32... And basicly I love it... I love PacROM and Wind-ups instead of the original fw...
But the other day I tried to start the original firmware up (actually just because I wanted to see the icon of a particular fxe was) and it keeps telling me that I don't have any smc inserted...

Wind-ups and Pacrom have no problem finding my smc...

Has anybody else experienced this?

I had this problem. Reformating the SMC solved the problem for me, but first go in to PC-Linkk in the original firmware and press select to recover the SMC

Me never had this problem-you tryed the smc check on the original firmware or does that not see yer smartcard either?

Don't format the SMC!!!!!!!!!!! There prolly isn't a problem with it, it's prolly that you either uninstalled freelauncher or didn't install it on the SMC that you were using. And anyways you can see the icon in pacrom, even though it isn't as big as in freelauncher.

Do you use the standard directory names for the GP (GPMM, ETC, MP3, etc.)?
I'm asking because since I use MultiFW I'm using the directory structure I like resulting in a not found SMC when I start Original Firmware ;)

crazeeplaya posted on Sep 14 2003 at 04:54 PM said:
I had this problem. Reformating the SMC solved the problem for me, but first go in to PC-Linkk in the original firmware and press select to recover the SMC
same problem and the same solution....works fine now

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon
Posted on Sep 14 2003, 05:10 PM

Do you use the standard directory names for the GP (GPMM, ETC, MP3, etc.)?
I'm asking because since I use MultiFW I'm using the directory structure I like resulting in a not found SMC when I start Original Firmware

That is probably my problem... I think the only original folders I have left is gpmm and game... It might also help if i formattet the smc using pc-link... But I ocationally seem to have some problems with the usb-driver too, but I don't really use PC-link since I have a card-reader

I also use a card reader and never formatted an SMC card...
I just copied all I needed on the SMC :)

Doh...

I suddenly realized that the reason i am unable to find my smc in the original firmware, is because I havent installed the FreeLauncher after formating it...

Stupid stupid

Back