GP32 SMC type

First of all you posted in the worng topic. This has nothing to do with devlopping does it?

To answer you're question : you don't need a special smc every smc is fine but it has to be 3,3 volt (128 mb and everting under the 128 mb)

Dolfhin posted on Sep 30 2003 at 05:28 PM said:
First of all you posted in the worng topic. This has nothing to do with devlopping does it?

To answer you're question : you don't need a special smc every smc is fine but it has to be 3,3 volt (128 mb and everting under the 128 mb)
@Dolfhin:
show me a smc <> 3,3v with more than 128mb! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
nasra posted on Sep 30 2003 at 07:26 PM said:
@Dolfhin:
show me a smc <> 3,3v with more than 128mb! B)
Lol the're none :D All smc's above the 128 mb are at a higher voltage :(
sorry my fault

nasra posted on Oct 1 2003 at 01:13 PM said:
smc > 128mb is a gp32-hoax! ;)
I don't think so. I've seen several products specified to work with upto 256MB SMC (yes, 3,3V), and even a camera bundled with a 256MB SMC, I think that's a 3,3V too. Also, if you search for 256MB SMC on google or altavista for a while you'll find a lot of places that atleast USED to sell them (but now for some reason they're removed).

I doubt that all these places fell for the same "gp32-hoax" ;D

But if anyone WOULD find any concrete info on those cards, I'm sure there'll be links all over the site.. :D

i'm sure most (all?) of this offers are mistakes and mean sd or mmc?! but there is a manufacturer called SMC and i found "CompactFlash 256MB SMC Memory"... i believe some peoble misunderstand this! ;)

Back