Release Smplayer

ivanovic

Hi everyone!
As part of testing my toolchain I also added some support for qmake. Since I somehow had to test it I compiled SMPlayer (a frontend for mplayer). It seems to have worked so I directly packaged it.

The build is based on SMPlayer 0.6.9 without any further changes. It comes with the the same limitations that other mplayer frontends like GNOME MPlayer have on the Pandora: There is no hardware acceleration and when the video is playing you can see the menus (because of the behavior of the Xv implementation). To be able to use this program, you have to install mplayer, the easiest way to do so is installing the CodecPack. Beside this it is not possible to display anything wider than 800 pixel and higher than 480 pixel. So the max resolution is 800x480.

Beside this you will likely get some error message about mplayer exiting with an error while starting. I got no idea where this error message comes from, but it is clearly not harmful. You can just open a file like you usually would and it works.

Here is the download:
Download SMPlayer-0.6.9-1.pnd

Last edited by a moderator:
Back