So I Have A Few Questions About Second Batch Ordering...

Failcake

Still Fresh
So I've been monitoring the Pandora project for about a month now (not nearly as long as many of you), and quickly shot an email off to gp2xorders@googlemail.com to place an order to get a second batch Pandora. I received a reply, telling me that I've been put on the notification list for when the second batch is available for ordering, which the email said would be later this month (end of June). But as I've been browsing the GP32X forums, I'm concerned about whether or not I'll be notified for purchasing a unit. I've learned that there are multiple stores for this, including the one I ordered, and then there was "openpandoraorders@gmail.com" or something of the sort - this is Craig's store, correct? The email reply I received was signed by "Debs" - Is this an owner of a different store? I didn't see their name in the list of people in another thread. Lastly, I saw on Craig's Twitter a message that he posted on June 24th, saying, "People waiting to order Pandora consoles will be getting an email today. People on the newsletter list an email at the weekend." I never received an email, is this because I'm signed up for a different store? Is there any difference in Pandoras between stores? Also, how do I get in on this newsletter Craig speaks of?

I'm sure you get tons of people posting about wanting to order a Pandora, so I apologize, but I just want to make sure I am able to order a Pandora from the second batch when the time comes, and I've had a hard time gathering information from the forums, as there is all sorts of stuff to know.

Thanks!

crow_riot said:
.... so does this mean we are able to order second batch now?

No, I'm just trying to figure out how this will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Failcake said:
this is Craig's store, correct?
Yes

Failcake said:
The email reply I received was signed by "Debs" - Is this an owner of a different store?
No, Debs works for Craig handling customer service requests. Craig gets a lot of email (over 100 per day) and has Jackie and Debs respond to most routine inquiries.

Failcake said:
I never received an email, is this because I'm signed up for a different store? Is there any difference in Pandoras between stores? Also, how do I get in on this newsletter Craig speaks of?
You'll get it eventually. Whenever Craig promises something on a particular day, it never quite seems to get done on time. That's just Craig :)

You have 3 stores where you can buy a Pandora: http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=34&lang=en

* Fatih (turky) - www.gp2xtr.com

* EvilDragon (Ed) - Germany - shop.gp2x.de

* Craig's store - UK - www.gbax.com
openpandoraorders@gmail.com is the email used by Craigs store, there are other people working there .

You are now subscribed to the mailing list that will tell how and when to order the second batch.
this email is delayed , so you did not miss anything

edit: :ph34r:

Failcake said:
crow_riot said:
.... so does this mean we are able to order second batch now?

No, I'm just trying to figure out how this will work.

well from the twitter message you posted i thought it would be possible. but it seems not yet. i'd just like to know when and i'm already signed up for the newsletter ... so i think i wont miss a thing (hopefully ;))

Woohoo, so everything is well, and now I just have to wait for the mailing list. Great, thanks for the help you guys, I really appreciate it.

Back