So is there a queue or not?

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
Ok, it seems that a comrade from another forum is getting his Pandora! Yay! He's justifiably ecstatic. So, I asked him when he ordered, as I wanted to see how far off his order time mine was...

The email header claims 16:44 on September 30th 2008, and I ordered through GBAX. I hope that helps.

Ahh, quite close to mine then! Yay! HANG ON A MINUTE... Let's just check my email.

Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM

And we both ordered from GBAX.com. Now, I'm the first to suggest that Craig is quite a dodgy character, but he's not the sole employee of GBAX. So what gives? Is there a queue or not? 'Cos if there is, I may have to start firing emails at OPT very soon now - this is just not on. Half an hour has proven to be a good few hundred people/units so far. At this rate, I might not actually be getting mine at all in this mini-batch and may well go back to waiting until summer for the next delay.

WTF?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to take into consideration time zones. I'm almost positive that my inbox always shows the time I get emails displayed in my time zone. What time zone are you and what time zone was whoever you talked to in?

At least this is what I'm thinking, to test you could have someone you know is from a different time zone e-mail you.

I think you need to take into consideration time zones. I'm almost positive that my inbox always shows the time I get emails displayed in my time zone. What time zone are you and what time zone was whoever you talked to in?

At least this is what I'm thinking, to test you could have someone you know is from a different time zone e-mail you.

Both of us are in the UK.

D.

Trolls go to the back of the line. You didn't know that?

All jokes aside, I wouldn't worry about it, but maybe send an email anyway.

I don't think it would hurt to send an email and ask; they might do each 2-300 alphabetically also since they send out email and contacts lists are in alphabetical order...

I got my e-mail today ( :eek: ), and I ordered at around 15:47 UTC, for what it's worth.

Dunny, you need to go off UTC timecode. IIRC UK at the time was in BST (Daylight Savings), which is UTC +1hr. So the other chap may be using BST while you're using UTC.

Having said that, I'm at 14:57 UTC and no e-mail yet (while others who ordered later got theirs today), so I'm wondering if there is some other variable in play, such as order of the bank re-payment.

Gonna wait for a few days - my last email from OPT's lady (from May last year) states that I should get mine within ten days of production recommencing. So I'll wait for 11.

[Retracted, many apologies]

D.

Gonna wait for a few days - my last email from OPT's lady (from May last year) states that I should get mine within ten days of production recommencing. So I'll wait for 11.

I'll say one thing, it's the last time I ever trust Craig with any amount of cash. Or indeed, order anything from GBAX again, and I will be advising anyone else I come across not to use GBAX either.

D.
I think you are being a little unfair in singling out Craig here. Regardless of precisely what has occurred you have not lost very much (yet) and have probably learnt quite a lot about business. So next time you are looking for a mortgage or pension or double glazing, you might recoup even your entire pandora investment. I am sure Craig is guilty of getting carried away by his enthusiasm (but without that, there would be no Pandoras). There are plenty more people who are downright dishonest (and I don't think many people would pout Craig in that category)

Well, you're going to get yours before me, either way, that must be *some* consolation?

"27 May 2009 14:48"

Which email are we talking about, anyway, the initial confirmation of order, or the confirmation of payment? I imagine it's the point at which you successfully complete payment that denotes your place in the queue. I could just be making shit up, though, I do that... often.

Email arrived today. And yes, I do feel a complete twat. Ah well - all's well that ends well, I suppose.

The queue estimates that have been given in the past are just that, an "ESTIMATE"!

It has been stated several times in the past that all orders are going out in the order they where received. A time stamp attach to an email on your end, may not be the same that is in the Pandora queue on the other end. Most of the esitimates that Jackie has given are to help customers have a close idea to where they are in line, she does not have the time to go thru 4000 orders daily and give an exact figure, and even if she did, it would still change weekly due to cancellations.

Now if someone ordered in January of 2009 and they have gotten their unit, that is cause to sound the alarms. If you order on the first day within the first hour you could be anywhere in the first few thousand units. The team has had 6 months to tweak and prepare the assembly lines, and now they appear to be shipping out hundreds per week, so many more users will be getting emails weekly. They also don't seem to have to spend extra time trying to find broken nubs, and fix those units, so everything finally appears to be running as it should have last year.

So if the current pace is kept, I would think all remaing units could be shipped out with the next 30 days. So these queue threads can hopefully end very soon! ;)

Chris

jumpman, let me be the first to say that its nice to have you back to posting on a regular basis

Back